Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayhey! Im not worried anymore! thanks for the thread title change.

Well yes i hope it isnt the old story of a false sense of optimism. But i have a true feeling that this season can be a good one...

Great signing in Geremi...Always knew Sam would get the right players... We dont need superstars.

Rumours of Bridge and Gudjohnsen...well that would be awesome if we got both them players.. but i cant see Bridge being allowed to leave...

Great transfer window for us.. surely top6 is possible now?

What would be a nice boost though is Martins and Owen stating they are staying...dont think we could afford to buy 2 new strikers and the way the prices are

Id be happy to see Wayne Bridge coming in... That would be a good signing.. maybe not so big.

I cant think of any "big" signings that would want to come with no european football..

And in which area... if we get a big signing for the defence then great...

you cant get much better than Owen and Martins for strikers imo...

As for the wings though that could be an issue with Duff out for ages it seems and Solano being over the hill. Milner cant do it all alone i guess

Steven Taylor can be a worldclass defender if he carries on the way he has progressed so far. He has years left for him to get better and already he shows how commanding he can be in the centre.

Definitely the future for England

Nzogbia could be first choice if he showed what he did 2season ago...

Last season he wasnt really in the picture at all... He has the potential but whether he picks it up a gear he wont be first choice...

Hmm i can imagine it is really tough in the transfer market ....

At least with the ins and outs we have been doing they are the right ones..

Its better than spending 10m here and there on the wrong players.

We are getting battlers in the team... something we haven really had for time. Just hope Barton dont go down :)

hmm i see...

looks like good experience in the back 4.

Our central defence would look alrite, Taylor, Cacapa, Rozenhal, Ramage...

Its the LB and RB is a bit disconcerning.

If big sam wants 4 or 5 more players i reckon 4 would be defensive players that are wanted, not just 1 or 2.

Could do with right midfielder too, with Solano ageing.. cant rely on Milner all the time

Woop woop.

What a good week for us then :)

I feel great being a Newcastle fan this summer.

Smith is a good signing, along with all the signings this summer. Good times

Just watched Smith on SSN...

I agree that with the new owners and new backroom staff the club has a clear direction now...

Like he said that will be much more appealing to players now to come here, we are a big club with amazing fans so with a clear direction and good manager here it looks really promising to play for us.

Baines linked,

Cacapa almost done,

And Ivica dragutinovic...

them 3 signings would be great news for our defence...

I feel really optimistic this year... and the reasons are right to be optimistic too.

Its just the takeover and Big Sam being there that has made me feel so optimistic. I knew our transfer were going to be the right ones, no fancy big names, only the right names

Shame we have lost out on Baines, he has gone to his love club :p understandable.

Enrique bagged, still waiting on that other guy, the big Serbian....

any more linked players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom