Next England Manager

Soldato
BoomAM said:
Stats wise, Bolton are the most 'footballing' team in the Prem. According to Nuts. Or Zoo. One of the two. :p

No ive read that, the stats dont say anything of the sort.

I dont have the magazine to hand, but the article is simply about either the mis representation of statistics, or a complete non understanding of football.

From what i can remeber it starts off with:

Bolton play less long balls than anyone else, with the figures as an actuall amount of long balls per match played.

Then as a percentage of its passes made and some other stuff.

It then goes on to say that Bolton have one of the lowest levels of possesion in the premiership,makes some the fewest amount of passes, and has one of the highest levels of misplaced passes.

I read it, i disagreed with their interpretation of the stats.
A team which has low possesion, makes few passes, and misses a lot of passes is playing kick and rush, they cannot be compared to the 1970 Brazil team.

Soldato
atpbx said:
No ive read that, the stats dont say anything of the sort.
Depends on the source of the stats really. ;)

Summed up: Bolton make more passes and make more successfull passes than any other team.

they cannot be compared to the 1970 Brazil team.
I dont remember claiming that. Or anyone else for that matter. :confused:

Soldato
BoomAM said:
Depends on the source of the stats really. ;)

Summed up: Bolton make more passes and make more successfull passes than any other team.

I dont remember claiming that. Or anyone else for that matter. :confused:

I didnt say you did, its just a why of saying bolton dont play great football.

And no, summed up, Bolton make LESS passes than any other team and a HIGH percentage of them dont get where they were aimed for.

Soldato
atpbx said:
I didnt say you did, its just a why of saying bolton dont play great football.

And no, summed up, Bolton make LESS passes than any other team and a HIGH percentage of them dont get where they were aimed for.
Out of curiosity, what are your stat sources?
Ive listed mine, and my sum up was of that, not what was percieved as fact.
Also, why such bias against Bolton/BigSam?

Man of Honour
Unlike Sven to put his foot in it:

Eriksson told diners in a Stockholm restaurant that the PSV Eindhoven and Australia coach will succeed him when he leaves after the World Cup.

When asked by a couple, Eriksson reportedly said: "It will be Hiddink, and good luck to him."

I actually hope that's a fact. I'd love an Englishman to take charge, but there aren't any good enough yet:(

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
That will never work. I'll be devastated if Mr. Personality gets the job, even in a number 2 sense.

Why?
Still got the chip on the shoulder because he didnt want to play for your team? :p

I think he would excel in a number 2 role.

Permabanned
I still stand by that team

Hiddink as the older wiser football brain

Shearer there to do the gee'ing up and instill some passion back into them

Associate
Reesy said:
Souness for England.

That's just not funny :eek:

Knowing his luck and the way he took Blackburn to the brink of relegation before landing the Newcastle job, he'll probably do the same again..

Having taken Newcastle to the brink of relegation, he'll get the England job!!

Associate
I look into my crystal ball and I see a possible future! Shearer restores some pride to Newcastle with them finishing in the top half of the table, then the media clamour for him to be England manager!!

Man of Honour
Clive Woodward! He couldn't do any worse than Sven but he would be able to handle the press and the management in a much better fashion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom