Next England Manager

Do other countries make such a meal out of appointing a new manager ?

This is the second interim we have had in a row Whilst the FA tick all their boxes.

Come on, Rooney is the obvious choice. English fru and fru, will be available in the next 6 weeks or so I imagine and Coleen can do his match breakdowns as she has proven she has the chops for investigative work.

Last edited:
Come on, Rooney is the obvious choice. English fru and fru, will be available in the next 6 weeks or so I imagine and Coleen can do his match breakdowns as she has proven she has the chops for investigative work.
Just had his team beaten 4-0 by Sheff Wed….

You'd turn your nose up at Pep or Jürgen for example?
Yes, I want an English manager for the England team. I feel England is quite capable of producing a manager for the national team, and it's important for the national team to have a manager of their own nationality for them to get behind. Having a Spanish or German manager is fundamentally wrong. Spain and Germany are the opposition!!!

Last edited:
Yes, I want an English manager for the England team. I feel England is quite capable of producing a manager for the national team, and it's important for the national team to have a manager of their own nationality for them to get behind. Having a Spanish or German manager is fundamentally wrong. Spain and Germany are the opposition!!!
It's a valid argument, I think only one manager has won a major trophy with a team of another nation.

Then again I'm not sure how often foreign managers get appointed.

It's a fair point though, it is a national side after all. If we do go down that route we should at least get somebody with some success at management and/or an understanding of how players play in the premier league in particular.

It is an attacking league after all.

Then again I'm not sure how often foreign managers get appointed.

I think the majority of international managers are foreigners. Certainly once one gets outside the top few international sides.

Success isn’t just measured by winning competitions. Jack Charlton is a famous example. His tenure as Irish manager was hugely successful and he is idolised to this day.

Svennis was more popular and more successful than Steve McLaren as England manager. There is no reason for me why we can’t have a foreign manager. I would jump at the chance to get Klopp or Pep.

I think the majority of international managers are foreigners. Certainly once one gets outside the top few international sides.

Success isn’t just measured by winning competitions. Jack Charlton is a famous example. His tenure as Irish manager was hugely successful and he is idolised to this day.

Svennis was more popular and more successful than Steve McLaren as England manager. There is no reason for me why we can’t have a foreign manager. I would jump at the chance to get Klopp or Pep.
I would also jump at Klopp or Pep personally.

E: I can just see why some would want a home nation manager. I don't mind, a good manager is a good manager.

Last edited:
The FA should be encouraging English people to play football, and this includes encouraging people to manage football teams, ergo they should be appointing an English manager so people have something to aim for.

I still think it'll be Howe. England have a load of nothing games they should win comfortably in the next half a year or so. If Newcastle aren't in or around the top 4 or 5 by January I think we'll conveniently see Howe's "taken them as far as I can, need a different project" resignation speech and be appointed England gaffer by Easter in time for the WC qualifiers.

Back
Top Bottom