Next gen day one?

Associate
Would love to be able to say day one purchase for both but I'll be going Scarlett now.

Question is, where to pre-order as in 12 months? We can all strongly conclude that at e3 2020 that we will see the final product along with the pre order announcements/pricing.

Ordered with GAME online for X1X release however, I'm feeling a midnight release pickup on the cards this time around.

I will reserve judgement on Amazon orders as the cheeky swines have changed their policy whereby they now charge for your order after 5 days. Got stung on this with Breakpoint and Cod last week and wondered where £120.00 had gone from my account - confirmed changed with Amazon support but a bit of a sour taste in my mouth that they've taken money 5 months in advance...

Shawrey

Caporegime
Nope, I’m going to wait to see what games are actually like out in the wild, maybe 6 months after launch.

I don’t get to game for many hours these days so will just make do with my one x

Soldato
Xbox - No since all their stuff is coming to PC
PS5 - Not day one, but when they have a good line of exclusives out i'll take the plunge on the inevitable pro version of the console when it comes out.

Soldato
Would love to be able to say day one purchase for both but I'll be going Scarlett now.

Question is, where to pre-order as in 12 months? We can all strongly conclude that at e3 2020 that we will see the final product along with the pre order announcements/pricing.

Ordered with GAME online for X1X release however, I'm feeling a midnight release pickup on the cards this time around.

I will reserve judgement on Amazon orders as the cheeky swines have changed their policy whereby they now charge for your order after 5 days. Got stung on this with Breakpoint and Cod last week and wondered where £120.00 had gone from my account - confirmed changed with Amazon support but a bit of a sour taste in my mouth that they've taken money 5 months in advance...

Shawrey

I got my Day one Xbox and my Scorpio One X from GAME, only time ive ever used.

Amazon cant be trusted to deliver on the day (or at all in some cases) and i wanted to pick it up, not at midnight but on the morning of release.

Thing is will GAME still be around in Nov 2020, or will it be a couple of shelves in sport direct once Mr Ashley finished with them.
What other options are there?

Soldato

Amazon cant be trusted to deliver on the day (or at all in some cases) and i wanted to pick it up, not at midnight but on the morning of release.

Thing is will GAME still be around in Nov 2020, or will it be a couple of shelves in sport direct once Mr Ashley finished with them.

Yeah Amazon was a shambles for XBX release, thats where I placed my order originally before the screw up.

You would like to think the next big console release they will have learnt from the last.

Associate

Indeed GAME stores could be a risky shout - but atleast they can't take your money till release. Iirc think they took a £20.00 deposit when I did release day ps4.

Yeah Amazon was a shambles for XBX release, thats where I placed my order originally before the screw up.

You would like to think the next big console release they will have learnt from the last.

I remember Amazon stuffing up badly and over subscribing a lot of people to the Scorpio edition and then having to downgrade them to standard. It's just dodgy they've changed their pre order process whereby they charge 5 days after order. I get that this is the same with certain things like booking holidays abroad where they are paid up in advance and what not, but for buying some electrical goods or games - I don't see why that is required.

Shawrey

Soldato
I'll be day one Project Scorpio assuming its on parity power wise with PS5 and they don't make any huge mistakes.

I'm liking what they're doing with the game pass and they seem to be making a lot of the right moves after the horrendous start to this generation of consoles.

Soldato

Shawrey
I got an email from customer support saying taking the money for pre order was a mistake. I suspect they've had a lot of complaints.

"We are contacting you about a recent error on your account relating to your Amazon order #. Your payment card was charged before your pre-order item was dispatched.

If you wish to pay only at the time of dispatch, you may cancel your pre-order to get a full refund. If you place a new pre-order for the same item we will only charge you once your item dispatches. If you take no action, then your item will be dispatched as normal.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding. "

Soldato
Amazon is utterly rubbish at getting games to me on day one..so there’s no chance in hell I’ll be ordering my ps5 with them.

I’ll go and grab one from a local store on release day.

I’m sort of tempted by the Xbox though.. what with the new MS flight simulator announcement.. decisions.

Soldato
OP
More people jumping on day one than I thought, the comments relating to the xbox games being on pc is my issues as well my pc can play it all anyway.

Unless they finally delivery some exclusive I enjoy as much as Sony it will be a harder sell for me.

Ps5 day one though :)

Associate
Half my mates are on PS4, the others are on Xbox and neither set will move over. Brand loyalty is strong.

Xbox is currently swaying it for me at present though with the value that Ultimate Pass and EA Access offer.

Back
Top Bottom