Next gen day one?

Caporegime
Amazon is utterly rubbish at getting games to me on day one..so there’s no chance in hell I’ll be ordering my ps5 with them.

I’ll go and grab one from a local store on release day.

I’m sort of tempted by the Xbox though.. what with the new MS flight simulator announcement.. decisions.
I find ShopTo pretty reliable with launch day delivery.

Soldato
OP
Amazon always been spot on for me but if there going to be charging for pre-orders at the time of order I'll go back to game collection/shopto

Soldato
Amazon always been spot on for me but if there going to be charging for pre-orders at the time of order I'll go back to game collection/shopto

The charge for pre-order was an error. I've certainly never been charged before despatch for a pre-order at all.

Soldato
No Amazon have recently changed their policy and will charge you at order rather than despatch. I just Googled it and there is some confusion as to whether this is actually a thing. I do remember reading about it a couple of week ago, though. I had a couple of games on pre-order with them which I have not been charged for so I'm not so sure about it. I cancelled them anyway.

Associate
No Amazon have recently changed their policy and will charge you at order rather than despatch. I just Googled it and there is some confusion as to whether this is actually a thing. I do remember reading about it a couple of week ago, though. I had a couple of games on pre-order with them which I have not been charged for so I'm not so sure about it. I cancelled them anyway.

I changed my address for a pre-order I had and once I did that they then charged me the full amount. Subsequently cancelled said pre-order and cancelled Prime membership.

Associate
I got an email from customer support saying taking the money for pre order was a mistake. I suspect they've had a lot of complaints.

"We are contacting you about a recent error on your account relating to your Amazon order #. Your payment card was charged before your pre-order item was dispatched.

If you wish to pay only at the time of dispatch, you may cancel your pre-order to get a full refund. If you place a new pre-order for the same item we will only charge you once your item dispatches. If you take no action, then your item will be dispatched as normal.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding. "

Had no such email from Amazon. I'm happy to leave the order standing - just don't want them then charging me again on dispatch - I'll be fuming!

Shawrey

Associate
im not sure if ill bother yet , im in a multi console home with me and both lads having xboxs and sometimes when all connected and playing we have problems as it is with slow connections and strict nats .

if its all going to the cloud and streaming im worried this will cause even more problems and just make everything a mess

Soldato
im not sure if ill bother yet , im in a multi console home with me and both lads having xboxs and sometimes when all connected and playing we have problems as it is with slow connections and strict nats .

if its all going to the cloud and streaming im worried this will cause even more problems and just make everything a mess

The cloud and streaming stuff is something entirely different to the next generation of consoles.

Soldato

I think cloud and streaming is only if you choose to do so. You will be able to continue to the same way you always have.

Associate
I will be getting PS5 day one, interested in the Stadia but my home broadband is so poor its not something that will be avaible to me.

Soldato
I'll probably buy five launch day PS again and sell four of them at an inflated price to the mothers of brat kids :D the abuse I got because I'd list them a little over rrp. Effectively got my launch day ps4 for free though.

So yeah, that.

Soldato
I'll see which one has the better launch line up and choose, over the course of the generation Im sure I'll end up picking up the other when I've gotten bored. That said, these deals on Game Pass Ultimate have me tied into Xbox for a couple of years so that may sway things.

Soldato
I'll see which one has the better launch line up and choose, over the course of the generation Im sure I'll end up picking up the other when I've gotten bored. That said, these deals on Game Pass Ultimate have me tied into Xbox for a couple of years so that may sway things.

Same here, I have ultimate now for a few years, can't really afford subs on both consoles or even get the time to make use of both so I will likely get the XB at launch or shortly after and maybe the PS5 at a later date.

Back
Top Bottom