*** Nexus 10 Tablet ***

Associate
Ordered mine on the 3rd, and received it yesterday. Never had a tablet so can't compare. Colours are indeed much more dull, but I guess also more realistic than my Samsung galaxy s2. Bit disappointed with the viewing angles, makes it hard to lie sideways in bed with the new toy. Apart from that I can see the desktop being used a lot less now.

Associate
Dumb question, but on my One X to add a shortcut to the home screen I just hold for a couple of seconds to bring up the list. On the N10 it just brings up the wallpaper options. Where am I going wrong?

Edit: sorted it. Touch and hold on the apps icon. :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
nexus1014.jpg

The "G-HUB Black Carbon Fibre Print PropUp Stand Case Cover" has arrived. More to follow.

Soldato

Is that for the Nexus 10 or a Kindle???... They seem a bit confused in their description!! :D

Case Features

• Sleek and lightweight made to perfectly fit GOOGLE NEXUS 10.
  • Velcro Strap holds NEXUS 10 firmly in the case.
  • Ergonomic design means that you will never have to take out your NEXUS 10 – all ports and buttons are readily available and your new Kindle is completely protected from accidental knocks, dust and minor impacts.
  • The cover is designed to fold in two positions: Viewing Stand or Typing position. Also can fold completely back.
  • Soft padding to protect your Kindle from scratches.
  • Highest quality

;)

Man of Honour
So, the "Google Nexus 10 Tablet Case - G-HUB Black Carbon Fibre Print PropUp Stand Case Cover (with integrated stand function and magnetic sleep sensors) for G" - Electronics; £7.99 From the rainforest (with reviews)

nexus1014.jpg

nexus1015.jpg

nexus1016.jpg

nexus1017.jpg

nexus1018.jpg

nexus1019.jpg

nexus1020.jpg

Good fit and made for the 10
All ports accessible
Speakers not covered but openings are not of equal length.
Looks reasonable
Not too heavy
Magnetic cover works and locks into place
Pen works but won’t be using it
Another usb cable
Should have bought it when it was £4.99

The materials could be better but we are talking about a silly price. It's fine for home use. It will probably get changed for an official case when one eventually turns up. It’s a bargain for the price.

Caporegime
Just to say my replacement that came was factory sealed and it had the least bleed of the 3, I'm keeping this one.

The white is a much cleaner white too.

Soldato
Ended up ordering a LuvTab softcase for mine just so it can be kept in there when not in use. Don't want it permanently in a case and not really bothered about a stand tbh.

Man of Honour
That G-hub case makes it look quite bulky. I wonder what the official ones going to be like.

It does:

nexus1021.jpg

It's quite thick and could be not so wide but you can't complain for the price. The one on the right is the official Galaxy Tab 10.1 case and hopefully the new one for this will be similar.

Soldato
Anyone else having a nightmare with flash?

Videos on pages have issues playing smooth and just crash the webpage if I try full screen. Happens in bloat browser and Firefox beta. Getting quite fed up messing around I just want to click it and have it play :rolleyes:

Anything on iPlayer website don't play full screen either, can't see an app for it in play store.

I've come home tired and stressed, just wanted to play a simple video and it can't seem to handle that. What am I doing wrong as I'm getting quite fed up with having go fiddle with this and that :mad:

Associate
Anyone else having a nightmare with flash?

Videos on pages have issues playing smooth and just crash the webpage if I try full screen. Happens in bloat browser and Firefox beta. Getting quite fed up messing around I just want to click it and have it play :rolleyes:

Anything on iPlayer website don't play full screen either, can't see an app for it in play store.

I've come home tired and stressed, just wanted to play a simple video and it can't seem to handle that. What am I doing wrong as I'm getting quite fed up with having go fiddle with this and that :mad:

Same experience here, the whole flash thing is a joke and it doesn't help that for websites like BBC there is no alternative at the moment...

Man of Honour
Can you not set your browser to use an ipad user agent then HTML5 versions of sites will load, not perfect and won't work with every site but might help.

Back
Top Bottom