Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Associate
Is that defo usb A to usb C?

Just need it for the odd data transfer and charge top up off of a laptop

It's not all that clear is it, I'm fairly certain it is though as it has a 'big end' and there is no larger style connector in the USB C spec, USB C has the same "micro" size connector at both ends. Also the 'big' connector doesn't have enough pins for USB C and looks exactly like a USB A layout without the shield.

Man of Honour
Thanks for the info on battery life, that's the only thing stopping me from ordering, further feedback would be appreciated. This will be my phone for the next two years so i need to make the right choice :)

Jay

Well after 2 days use so far (I haven't had it long enough to be really accurate), with just under 4hrs of screen time, and casual use (browsing, social media, and fiddling with settings to get the phone setup), it has lasted from getting up (630) and down to low 30% at around 10pm. Though I'm mainly on WIFI and don't play lots of graphically intense games. Today, I've hardly used it (just a few texts, and check bus times), and since getting up 630, it is now still in the high 70%. The estimated time left is 12 noon tomorrow. So if you're on WIFI and don't use it much I can see a good 24hr of charge.

However give me a good week or so and I can be more accurate. I'm going on hols so will be taking lots of pictures, so that will test it more.

LzR

LzR

Associate
Well after 2 days use so far (I haven't had it long enough to be really accurate), with just under 4hrs of screen time, and casual use (browsing, social media, and fiddling with settings to get the phone setup), it has lasted from getting up (630) and down to low 30% at around 10pm. Though I'm mainly on WIFI and don't play lots of graphically intense games. Today, I've hardly used it (just a few texts, and check bus times), and since getting up 630, it is now still in the high 70%. The estimated time left is 12 noon tomorrow. So if you're on WIFI and don't use it much I can see a good 24hr of charge.

However give me a good week or so and I can be more accurate. I'm going on hols so will be taking lots of pictures, so that will test it more.
Many thanks for that, sounds like my use would similar to yours with the addition of listening to music. Would be really interested to hear how it gets on with you taking lots of pictures too, i have 10 days until renewal so perfect timing :)

Jay

Soldato
Ok....has anyone got android pay working? Says the app is not compatible with my device. I go to tap and pay settings and I can add my HSBC app, but I'm not sure any of this is legit.....

Man of Honour
I'll test it - but it doesn't ring a bell - but to be honest I haven't used it whilst charging.

I've bought myself a nice long type c cable so it'll be easier to charge.

Also got an OTG cable - tested it, worked brilliantly. Also a micro USB to Type c so I can use old chargers/connectors (like onto my PC) works great! It even seems to support MIDI (as in media streaming?) - so I wonder if it will now work in the car?

Associate
Any video out on these (Micro HDMI / MHL etc) or is it all 'casting'

Thinking of dumping my iP6 for one - nearly did with the Play X, but it just didn't tick all the boxes where as this........

Soldato
what SoT's are people getting? Just wondering if it would be better than the 5 hours im currently getting on my s6!

and would it be a worthy upgrade/sidegrade! (always like new tech, even usb port C is new to me :D)

Soldato
Soldato
Also has anyone managed to get Lightflow working without the persistent notification on the lockscreen?

I activated it. No persistent notification but I couldn't get it to control the LED. However, I turned off notification access and now the LED seems to blink red for missed calls and green for FB messages. Weird..... I can't find anything saying the N5X is supported yet.

what SoT's are people getting? Just wondering if it would be better than the 5 hours im currently getting on my s6!

and would it be a worthy upgrade/sidegrade! (always like new tech, even usb port C is new to me :D)

Seriously doubt you will see 5hrs or more on the N5X. Best I have got is about 4 hrs. But it does charge very quickly, which is a bonus.

I think it could be a sidegrade, the S6 is more powerful and has better build quality. But it definitely isn't a sidegrade in terms of software.. it's a big upgrade! So I guess you have to balance the two! :)

Yep, I had that issue last night while charging and trying to reply to messages. The keyboard was laggy and wouldn't respond to some keys I pressed.

Here's hoping we get an OTA that fixes it.

Back
Top Bottom