Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Soldato
I'm with Three.

I'm fairly certain my signal issues are partly down to my OnePlus One as when I put my sim in another phone it generally improves, and my signal always seems worse than everyone elses.

I'll probably order a 5X via Amazon, and if the signal is still rubbish I'll return it.

Thanks for the replies guys :).

My mate says he has no issue at all with signal on Three in or around Aberdeen.

Soldato
However performance while generally great can turn into stuttering mess at times which can be frustrating. This is more than likely down to the limited ram (2GB) however more than likely down to the combination of apps installed by whatever user...your own experience is going to be vastly effected by this factor. This can be solved by either clearing the cache...but a more solid fix is to restart your phone.

I've finally given in and I'm going to sell my 5X. I'm not sure if it's a specific app but it gets to a stage where it starts to lag so much the camera takes 10 seconds to open. A restart fixes it but it doesn't take long to bog down again. I do have a lot of apps due to my job so that probably doesn't help.

So I've pressed the button and ordered a 64gb Frost White Nexus 6P, I've gone with this due to needing a Nexus device for work. It's a shame because apart from the lag I experience I do love the 5X.

Soldato
I've finally given in and I'm going to sell my 5X. I'm not sure if it's a specific app but it gets to a stage where it starts to lag so much the camera takes 10 seconds to open. A restart fixes it but it doesn't take long to bog down again. I do have a lot of apps due to my job so that probably doesn't help.

So I've pressed the button and ordered a 64gb Frost White Nexus 6P, I've gone with this due to needing a Nexus device for work. It's a shame because apart from the lag I experience I do love the 5X.

I'm with you Em3bbs...I want to love the phone but I've given in, I'd go for a 6P but it's just too big for my liking.

Swapping out for a Galaxy S7 so I'll be selling my 5X also.

Associate
Anyone finding that they need to reboot the phone every couple of weeks as its crawls to a halt, noticed a few times during the slow downs the camera wont work etc.

I've also noticed the wifi drops off aswell. Reboots fixes this for a week or two its just pretty annoying.

Soldato
Debating on ordering one today, best deal I can find is

£27.50/m EE upgrade on 24 months, Unlimited texts, mins and 2gig of data.

£65 cashback if I do it through quidco

Is there likely to be any price drops on tariffs soon?

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone finding that they need to reboot the phone every couple of weeks as its crawls to a halt, noticed a few times during the slow downs the camera wont work etc.

I've also noticed the wifi drops off aswell. Reboots fixes this for a week or two its just pretty annoying.

Had to reboot mines earlier tonight to take a photo as the camera refused to load properly...black screen...fun!

Can't wait to rid myself of this next week for the S7.

Soldato
Decided to pull the trigger and order one so hopefully I don't encounter any issues!

Regarding USB-C is there anything I need to bear in mind when using existing phone chargers, battery packs and USB sockets? I've bought a couple of Anker USB-C to regular USB cables which most reviews seem to state are compliant with the spec and don't have any issues.

Am I safe to plug the Nexus 5X using that into anything that I'd normally plug a USB to Micro-USB cable into?

Soldato
Decided to pull the trigger and order one so hopefully I don't encounter any issues!

Regarding USB-C is there anything I need to bear in mind when using existing phone chargers, battery packs and USB sockets? I've bought a couple of Anker USB-C to regular USB cables which most reviews seem to state are compliant with the spec and don't have any issues.

Am I safe to plug the Nexus 5X using that into anything that I'd normally plug a USB to Micro-USB cable into?
Any charger should be OK so long as you use a USB-A to USB-C cable that is certified (the earlier cables had no resister or the wrong resister). For example Orzly re-released compatible USB cables as their original ones were the wrong spec and could damage the phone or power source (or both).

The power source doesn't matter, but I'd avoid anything with a hard-wired cable. Stick with plugs where you can choose the cable yourself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom