Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Soldato
Now that I've picked up my S7...typically Google have announced the next OTA Update for the March Security Patch will include performance and stability improvements for the 5X :rolleyes:

Hopefully it will become the phone it was meant to be in the first place.

http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus...y-and-performance-enhancements-along-security

We have listened to your feedback, and this update includes a number of bug fixes that will improve overall stability, connectivity, and performance on the Nexus 5X. The March security update will be included with this OTA for the Nexus 5X.

Soldato
Now that I've picked up my S7...typically Google have announced the next OTA Update for the March Security Patch will include performance and stability improvements for the 5X :rolleyes:

Hopefully it will become the phone it was meant to be in the first place.

http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus...y-and-performance-enhancements-along-security

I'm clinging on to this update as I realised that I've got used to the stuttering and crashes after playing with an S7 in a shop and noticing how stupidly fast and lag free it is. Granted it's probably faster anyway but the 5X shouldn't feel as far behind as it does. I'll be swapping if they don't sort it out.

Miss my original Nexus 5, that was faster than my 5X!

Soldato
I'm clinging on to this update as I realised that I've got used to the stuttering and crashes after playing with an S7 in a shop and noticing how stupidly fast and lag free it is. Granted it's probably faster anyway but the 5X shouldn't feel as far behind as it does. I'll be swapping if they don't sort it out.

Miss my original Nexus 5, that was faster than my 5X!

Yup...it's depressing isn't it?

When I was down South for Work and went to the football I actually had to restart my phone to take a photo :rolleyes: Plus it decided to drop reception etc but when restarted eveything was fine...that was it for me after that happened. A phone should be convenient and not a chore to do a simple task.

Soldato
Absolutely, I had similar issues yesterday shooting a few photospheres. They take a while anyway and then would essentially lock up mid way through creating one. Gave up in the end and one that did complete and was processing just disappeared!

I couldn't wait for the OTA update so I flashed the latest build, with everything being backed up by Google it wasn't hassle at all. It's now the phone it should have been, there's tiny lag here and there but I might just be being over critical and looking for it. The camera is a lot faster now, not as fast as the S7 but it's the phone it should have been to begin with. :)

Associate
I'm hoping this update sorts out the silly niggles with the phone. I do keep looking at the s7 atm but if they can sort out the random slow downs, the dropping wifi and the crashing camera i'd be happy!

Soldato
Absolutely, I had similar issues yesterday shooting a few photospheres. They take a while anyway and then would essentially lock up mid way through creating one. Gave up in the end and one that did complete and was processing just disappeared!

I couldn't wait for the OTA update so I flashed the latest build, with everything being backed up by Google it wasn't hassle at all. It's now the phone it should have been, there's tiny lag here and there but I might just be being over critical and looking for it. The camera is a lot faster now, not as fast as the S7 but it's the phone it should have been to begin with. :)

Good to hear mate, glad it seems to have resolved the issues with the phone.

I'm much happier with my S7 and Nova Launcher now however, if only the Nexus 5X delivered that right off the bat.

I seriously don't know how Google/LG got away with sending that out for sale.

Caporegime
The update for the 5x looks rather good:

- performance fixed/improved
- "cool" preset for the screen (since a lot of people complained about it being too warm)
- vibration not as annoying

Hmmm, tempted tbh, just wish the bezels were a bit smaller.

Associate
This phone is now back on my radar. Was ready to buy, but the issues put me off.
Been on Windows phone since last August, but want to go back to Android.

It seems 32gb version can now be had for under £275 :eek:

Back
Top Bottom