Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Caporegime
Here's hoping mine either bootloops before April or it lasts until the pixel 2...

If it goes now, I would probably just get a refund from amazon and buy the pixel, although would really like to hold out for the pixel 2 as hopefully it will be water proof, look a lot nicer and have wireless charging.

Soldato
Forgot to update my doze issue. Turns out 'ok google' detection was set to always listen. No idea how that changed.

On a side note, anyone received the Google play services update yet for the new Google assistant?

Associate
My 5X seems to have got really bad on battery life recently. From full this morning it's now at 33%, with only 23 minutes screen on time. Anyone else suffering poor battery life on 7.1.2?

Soldato
My 5X seems to have got really bad on battery life recently. From full this morning it's now at 33%, with only 23 minutes screen on time. Anyone else suffering poor battery life on 7.1.2?
Too early to tell yet. Will monitor it over the next few days. Have you tried clearing the cache?

Associate

Battery life seems marginally worse, especially for standby, but nothing extreme like you're seeing.

Soldato

My battery was doing this the last few days, and then yesterday I got the bootloop issue.

How long are peoples experiences with turnaround going direct to LG or CPW?

Associate
Mine boot looped, luckily i managed to get ti fixed on warranty through carphone warehouse, i'd owned it for over a year.

I'm keeping an eye on the next offering from oneplus. Phone is suffering a little from random slowdowns but otherwise still a good phone.

Caporegime
Got the update a few days ago and also got google assistant tonight, very nice little additions :cool:

Still no bootloop yet.... I think it is inevitable but I just hope mine lasts till the pixel 2 arrives, I like the nexus 5x but really want a "high" end phone again (in terms of build + OLED screen and better/stereo speakers + water proofing), I would have happily kept the 6P for another year or 2 if it weren't for the damn size of it! :(

Battery life has definitely taken a hit for me but still pretty good, 3/4 hours OST spread one day and 1/2 spread across 2+ days.

The camera is just stunning (with HDR+ on), cropped 3 holiday snaps of mine recently to use them as my desktop wallpapers and despite being zoomed/cropped in quite a bit, the detail etc. is still very impressive:

jyZtcyb.jpg

MEMVKym.jpg

runLBdO.jpg

Associate
Took them two goes, they swapped the board initially, this took maybe a week (the website tracking is abit useless really). They introduced another fault, the proximity sensor went abiot wappy when in calls, screen would blank and not come back until the other person hangs up. Second time round it took just over a week again.

All in all i was pretty happy with the service.

Associate
My battery got worse and worse. Less than a year old, and got it from Amazon. Asked them about warranty, and they are just going to refund me. Now on the lookout for a new phone. The 5x had so much potential, but just didn't deliver for me.

Back
Top Bottom