Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Caporegime
Had my girlfriends phone back and now the signal is terrible and drops out in places at home where it used to be fine.

Could they have damage the antenna during the repair do you think?

Caporegime
LG

The first time it came back it said mainboard replaced but still did the bootloop. We sent it back again and it says mainboard replaced again but now the signal is terrible. Won't even connect to EE network half the time

Very frustrating.

Caporegime
Weirdly - She put the sim in her old phone and it's doing the same thing so perhaps the EE network is acting up around us.

However, she just messaged me saying the phone had frozen a few times today as well! How can it have 2 new mainboards installed and still have an issue?!

Associate
5x is doing the bootloop, I'm reading of compleat horror stories about LG customer service in the UK saying won't fix issues.

Anyone have a good experience, I've rung them twice but they said will ring back each time. so far nothing.

Associate
My OH`s 5x has been giving her some strange messages recently. Pretty sure its a rogue app, but she only gets stuff from the play store, and here phone is locked and un-rooted.

She will get an orange ball in the notification bar. This will tell her anything from her phone is overheating, or she's running out of ram. There is a "Fix Now" button.
Pressing the "Fix Now" button opens a blue screen with the words "Problem Found" at the top, and a "Fix Now" button at the bottom.
It has a Memory usage too high warning, and then the words:
"Apps keep running in the background make the phone running slowly" :p (Bit of a giveaway but the missus never spotted the typos :eek:)

Top corner has typical 3 dots menu. Pressing the dots goes to settings screen, which allows me to turn hardware alerts on or off. Something I cannot find within the standard settings on the phone.

I know I should have took a screenie, and I will if it appears again. But it seems obvious this is some kind of pop-up/spoof screen from a rogue app.
Anyone seen anything like this before? Other than a few games, her phone has very little on it.

Anything I can use to see what's in use when it pops up?

Help would be appreciated.

Associate
Done , update went smoothly, its quite hard to notice any difference tbh. There's a load of app updates coming down now so hard to make any judgement on speed etc. It works though, just need to wait a few days and see what happens to battery life etc.

Back
Top Bottom