*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
My phone rstarted just after I'd done some app updates and now it's stuck in a boot loop. It goes through the app optimisation and then just restarts ans goes through the process again. Pressing the power button doesn't turn it off, just resets it. How do I sort this out?

Associate
Hi,

First post and all. I'm after a sub 5" phone and was wondering if the Nexus 5 would still do the job. I've been looking at the new releases of phones and tbh most are way too big for what I'm after. Even the phones around £200 seem to be a lot less powerful being that its 3 years old. I'm also looking at the older Sony Z compacts. I was looking at the 5X but even though its not that much bigger on paper it does seem to be when handling it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've seen it on the rainforest site for £100ish. Surly that’s still a bargain?

Associate
Thanks for the reply. What would you suggest under £200 for a sub 5" phone. I'm not really a hardcore user. I mostly use a few fitness apps and a bit of YouTube. Tbh I can go a day without using my phone. The Nexus 5 really fits the bill for what I'm àfter. I 'm just finding it hard to find a sub 5" phone with decent specs.

From what I've read the Sony compacts look like what I'm after I just thought the nexus 5 at £100ish was a good deal

Soldato
the sony compacts are great phones at this size to be fair

im not sure i could live with the battery/camera on my nexus 5 thesedays

if you are on a network whos bands will work with them then what about going chinese

for example the mi4c can be picked up for £85 , has the same cpu as the nexus 5x , usb type c , 1080p 5" screen and very good build quality

Soldato
After three and half years, who's still running their original Nexus 5? I still have mine but its second battery is now pretty much dead, with no official Android 7, and only 16GB it's time to say good-bye to my longest owned phone ever.

Top candidate to replace it with is the Lenovo P2. Has anyone moved from a Nexus 5 to this? Any thoughts / comparison? As far as benchmarks go, the Lenovo should be similar or a little bit faster (perfectly fast enough) but with a better/larger screen, better cameras, more storage, more RAM, duel SIM (or memory card), bluetooth 4.1 vs 4... what's not to like?

Soldato
After three and half years, who's still running their original Nexus 5? I still have mine but its second battery is now pretty much dead, with no official Android 7, and only 16GB it's time to say good-bye to my longest owned phone ever.

Top candidate to replace it with is the Lenovo P2. Has anyone moved from a Nexus 5 to this? Any thoughts / comparison? As far as benchmarks go, the Lenovo should be similar or a little bit faster (perfectly fast enough) but with a better/larger screen, better cameras, more storage, more RAM, duel SIM (or memory card), bluetooth 4.1 vs 4... what's not to like?

I gave mine to my dad. Still looks like a good device when I see him use it.

Had the power button replaced on it tho, late last year.

Soldato
I am, but really struggling! Out of space, having to uninstall stuff, general slowness and always charging...it's been a great phone though...almost made it 3 years.

Plan is to get a Honor 8 very soon. Had actually ordered one from Huawei but they went out of stock by the time my order had been processed :(

Soldato
Power button a bit dodgy.
I've had to replace the screen on it, but only because of it being dropped on concrete.
Not sure if it's the power button causing it or not, but the occasional random reboot. Might be due to motherboard damage as a result of being dropped into a toilet (don't store phones in your back pockets folks).

Apart from that, I've reinstalled cyanogenmod on it and it's performing nicely still.

Associate
Mine's still going strong with original everything. I think the battery may be going because sometimes I have to charge it when I get home from work but that only happens once a week.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Went from my OP3T back to the Nexus, the size feels better, its a lot slower than the OP3T and battery life is terrible. Apart from that the feel and size is still perfect, why are all the new smartphones going crazy sizes 5.5-6inches+? Who actually needs anything bigger than 5-5.2inches? lol

Back
Top Bottom