*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Caporegime
My Nexus has progressively got slow....I'm due an upgrade soon but everything seems way expensive so may just buy a new sim.

Is there any way to boost performance or is it a case of wipe and hope? Guessing the phone just generally gets worse over time?

Soldato
My Nexus has progressively got slow....I'm due an upgrade soon but everything seems way expensive so may just buy a new sim.

Is there any way to boost performance or is it a case of wipe and hope? Guessing the phone just generally gets worse over time?

Urm, why would it get worse over the time? Wipe it clean it'll be as good as new. Electronics (battery excluded) don't wear out!

Soldato
You don't even have to install a different ROM. Just remove all the stuff you don't use daily I.e. the stuff you have accumulated over the years like photos, videos, unused apps then reinstall.

Associate
I like the look of the HTC 10. But I'm waiting for the next small Nexus phone as I like my timely software updates.

Anyone else feel this way?

Also should be a little bit cheaper.

Same here. My Nexus 5 is still going strong but I'm getting the itch again :D :p
Also like the look of the HTC 10 but think it's a tad pricey. Going to wait and see what google comes up with this year I think.

Caporegime
If you can wait for the next nexus devices then do but if you can't then I highly suggest the N5X.

Despite thinking it was going to be a very meh upgrade to the N5, it has impressed me a lot more than I expected and despite it being bigger, it really doesn't feel it, in fact, imo it feels better and more comfortable than the n5.

- screen is much better in every way
- camera is better aside from video recording in terms of smoothness
- front facing speaker is better
- fingerprint sensor
- slightly snappier
- need to give battery more time but it seems like it will be better and the charging is much quicker

etc.

Soldato
I was a bit underwhelmed with the new phones, I kinda like the LG G5 but only kinda. I picked up a Nexus 6p and it's funny how quick you get used to the size. I was sort of meh at first but I'll probably sell the 5 now.

Caporegime
The first day I really didn't like it, after a few days I didn't really notice the size. I pick up the iPhone 6s (work phone) now though and it feels so small!

Yeah the usability in one hand didn't bother me too much, it was just the pocketability of the phone that killed it for me, it stuck out in all my pockets and was awkward taking it out and putting it back in (oh erm... :p), mainly the height really, I didn't have any issues with the width though.

Caporegime
Urm, why would it get worse over the time? Wipe it clean it'll be as good as new. Electronics (battery excluded) don't wear out!

Yep, wipe it, install something nice like a CM ROM, and enjoy your new, snappier phone :)

You don't even have to install a different ROM. Just remove all the stuff you don't use daily I.e. the stuff you have accumulated over the years like photos, videos, unused apps then reinstall.

Well, reset to factory defaults. Still naff really.

I hate the EE website, they literally have no phones that are decent under £20.

Soldato
Well, it seems the power button on my 2 year old Nexus 5 is sticking causing all sorts of misery atm. Might be time to look for a new phone :(
Had same problem following dropping it in the toilet :)
Took back off, disconnected ariels, battery, camera, etc, and took mother board off (absolute piece of cake, honestly), and then gave the power button a good hard blow. Been fine ever since.

They recommend a soak in isopropyl followed by a blasting of compressed air, rather than just blowing on it :D

It's also possible to buy a new power button and solder it onto the motherboard, if you've got very good soldering kit and skills.
You can also send them off to be repaired for you. A lot cheaper than buying a new phone anyway.

Back
Top Bottom