NFL 2018 Season

Soldato
I think we all knew our season was over already. You guys are talking like you think Kaepernick is actually good?

i think with the right coach he could do well.

my point for getting him this season is to get him some game time, as smith isn't looking good at the moment for the start of 2019, not sure the qb's you have a the moment or that might be available in the draft would be good enough.

just seen that rodgers has gone for 359 attempts without an interception, passing brady's 358 from 2010/11.

not sure what's happening with the saints, struggling a little against the bucs

Last edited:
Soldato
I feel bad for the Ravens, felt they deserved at least a draw.

what i don't understand is why they changed play calling towards the end, romo had been on about the ravens not letting kansas have time to throw the ball, they'd pressured them and it had worked then they let up and they gave away a massive 4th down play.

the problem the ravens have is jackson struggles so badly throwing the ball, and they gave away 112 yds with penalties.

kittle for the 49'ers , half way thru the 2nd quarter 5 receptions for 179 yds :eek: :D

Last edited:
Soldato
they'd pressured them and it had worked then they let up and they gave away a massive 4th down play.

You mean that play where he had to leave the pocket due to pressure? That's when they didn't have pressure on him? :p

In fact, on the 4th down Romo said something like 'don't send 4. Send 3 and have a spy'. They sent 4 though.

I think they also blitzed him on their previous TD he threw, in the flats to the right?

Soldato
Yay another great Steelers loss to a losing team :rolleyes: So sick of this every time they play a team with a losing record. Hope they lose every game they have left because that is all they deserve.

Soldato
You mean that play where he had to leave the pocket due to pressure? That's when they didn't have pressure on him? :p

In fact, on the 4th down Romo said something like 'don't send 4. Send 3 and have a spy'. They sent 4 though.

I think they also blitzed him on their previous TD he threw, in the flats to the right?

they'd been playing with nigh on everyone on the oline then breaking off into coverage, on the play he got out they'd eased off on it and gave him something to read.

think the play to the right was more to do with the rb doing a sneaky run to the right thru the lines while all the receivers/tight ends ran to the left.

ouch, just seen the end of the dallas/eagles game outstanding finish, and again a missed point costs a team.

Soldato
The 4th down was not a read, I can promise you that.

i didn't say it was a read i said it gave him something to read, all night they'd said that with the ravens playing so many on the dline mahomes was having trouble due to their line up.

well played to the bears, shut us out the 2nd half. gurley under 100 yds and something that points out really how bad we were : we gave away a safety when we were starting from our 13 yd line.

Soldato
All in all that was a blinking awesome night of football. My first night having the gamepass on redzone and it was an awesome night for it :D

Re Chiefs and Ravens the call at the end baffled me too. They showed how you can play Mahomes for most of the game and to change it up at the end was a little weird. It was almost although they dared him to throw which we should all know by now he blinking well can do, he is elite. Saying that I think they've shown how the Chiefs can be beaten now they no longer have Hunt in the lineup.

I was pleasantly surprised with Jackson for the Ravens last night. We all know he can run but he has been pretty beat up on his passing ability and whilst he is far from elite level passer he is showing progress week on week. Last night he made some brilliant passes and I thought was generally pretty reliable and already seems to be moving away from the rookie bad habit of tossing it up rather than throwing it away. I would say he's now looking a viable starter moving forward for the franchise rather than a trick play QB. Hope he continues to develop as watching the Ravens ground pound with him backing up with the odd decent throw is rather cathartic, almost old school :p

Soldato
Saying that I think they've shown how the Chiefs can be beaten now they no longer have Hunt in the lineup.

thing is i'm not sure there is another defence out there, maybe dallas the way they played against the saints, that could shut them down as well, chiefs weren't helped with problems for kelce and hill.

will be interesting to see if/how long they stick with jackson, they need to work on some throwing plays tho, because as soon they drop a penalty they struggle to get the yards back.

Soldato
thing is i'm not sure there is another defence out there, maybe dallas the way they played against the saints, that could shut them down as well, chiefs weren't helped with problems for kelce and hill.

will be interesting to see if/how long they stick with jackson, they need to work on some throwing plays tho, because as soon they drop a penalty they struggle to get the yards back.

Probably only talking Bears, Ravens and Cowboys which is a fair point.

I think they should stick with Jackson (IMO) he is dynamic on the run which keeps defenses guessing and I would say his progress in only three games has shown enough to say he should keep developing. He will never be a Rodgers but if he can hit Dalton level passing (i.e.. bang in the middle of NFL standard) and combine that with dynamic running he could be a real force.

Soldato
i didn't say it was a read i said it gave him something to read

I don't want to keep on about it :) but, the read failed, so kinda irrelevant. He than had to improvise and made the play.

The issue with Jackson, I don't think he is a great/good passer at this point. It was the Ravens I was surprised to see change plans. I forget the score or time, but they needed to drive and they started passing. They had the time to keep running at them, but in a known passing situation, I felt Jackson struggled a little.

As said, some amazing games though. Love watching them with GamePass too, so you don't really miss any of them.

Back
Top Bottom