1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2018 Season

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by ThestigGT999, Sep 6, 2018.

1. mp260767

Capodecina

for me the ravens, bears have a chance, don't think the cowboys can string enough games together though, added to them i'd also consider the saints & cheifs.

i think there are a few teams that could have mullens as a starter seems pretty decent considering what he has to work with at the 49'ers.

2. No1newts

Capodecina

He's working with dross but the Niners coach is noted for getting the best out of QB's. I would have him as backup/main challenge for Bottles (intention mistake) in Jacksonville if they cannot get a decent QB in the draft. The pool looks a little thin at the moment for the 19 draft class.

3. mp260767

Capodecina

i think he could challange a few qb's, problem is with players like bortles, and cutler before, they seem to give them more time than they've earn't by their performance, still don't understand the contract offered to bortles.

not seen much mentioned about decent qb's for the draft, have seen that the Heisman winner this year is going to play baseball, or at least has been drafted to play baseball.

4. nicktay2605

Mobster

Yeah this season has been odd so far. It's bizarre to think that the Steelers lost to the Raiders last week, they were excellent against the Pats yesterday. Having said that, the Pats were uncharacteristically sloppy. The drops, Brady's interception, the 12(?) penalties and Bellichick being conservative on a few 4th and shorts were all things you don't associate with them.

The new generation of QBs coming through is exciting and it definitely feels like there is a changing of the guard. Mahomes could be something really special, to be leading the league by a long way in terms of TDs and second only to Brees in QB rating at 23 years old in his second season at KC is incredibly impressive.

5. No1newts

Capodecina

Even better when he is essentially a rookie considering he only played a single game (or was it 2?) In 2017.

6. Timber

Wise Guy

Mahones is the real deal. Outstanding season. Trubisky is at least making progression since the Bucks win. But since we've never had good QBs in Chicago he's still breaking really low records. All 3 2017 1st rounder QBs are heading to the playoffs.

7. Purdy

Capodecina

Also need to consider that he has Shannahan scheming guys wide open amongst other things assisting him.

Dude is tough as nails though, worried how much Mack will get at him Sunday though

8. mp260767

Capodecina

i think hes mostly made decent decisions as well tho, much as the play calling etc can get people open, the qb has to still do a bit of work and i think hes done better than a few.

as for mack getting to him, will be interesting to see how he handles it, can he make the quick decision to safely throw it away so they don't lose 10 yds, does he take good care of the ball etc.

always concerned with "tough" qb's, being able to recover from a hit is one thing, but unless its the last few minutes of a play off game/superbowl, i want them getting to ground asap, not trying to gain an extra yard so they get smacked and put out for a few months :D

9. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

I liked the stat about Mullens throwing the most yards to back to back for the 49ers games since Steve Young. I don't see him taking anyone deep into the playoffs though, but at the same time, he's still got a lot to learn, so you never know.

Where do we think Flacco will land next season? I've already heard talk that maybe Smith will never play again and the Redskins will take Flacco on. I wouldn't be too upset if that happened, as long as we don't pay too much.

10. mp260767

Capodecina

mullens has a decent base to work from, and long as he keeps his ego in check and develops i think he could do really well in the next few years if he gets a chance.

as for flacco, redskins, giants or dolphins might take him on if the price is right, have seen that with the money involved its a possibility he might be released with teams unwilling to trade, be surprised if that happened tho

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  11. No1newts

Capodecina

Giants maybe? Manning is dross and maybe drafting a QB and then Flacco as a season or two hold over as he beds in might be a good call.

12. Timber

Wise Guy

Jaguars are being linked too. Bortles is probably done there.

13. KingOfTheDaves

Gangster

I'd guess the dolphins.

I think the Giants and Jags will try and draft a QB instead.

My outside shout would be the Broncos. I don't think Flacco is miles better than Keenum, but Flacco always plays well in the playoffs.

14. mp260767

Capodecina

did think of the jags, but not sure how they'd make out getting rid of him after the new contract they gave him.

with the giants if they can get a decent deal i think they'd be better off getting him than drafting.

bronco's i think will stick with keenum unless they can get a decent deal with flacco.

15. No1newts

Capodecina

I don't really see the depth on the draft so could see a team taking a punt on him taking a young QB who may need further work in the interim.

16. mp260767

Capodecina

i agree, i think most of the teams have "ok" qb's at the least, i've included the giants simply cos of eli's age as he's been pretty bullet proof up until now injury wise.

as mentioned i think it all comes down to what price/cost there is to get him, for me if it comes down to giving up draft spots next year it has to be considered as i've not really heard of any outstanding players ?

17. No1newts

Capodecina

I'm not too hot on college football but I've barely heard of a decent one, the best one is off to play badeball which says it all :p

18. mp260767

Capodecina

me neither to be fair, i have tried every year to watch more college games but the ones i've watched have been pretty dire or totally one sided :(

from what i've seen on the heisman this year the top 2 were a decent amount ahead with the 3rd/4th qb's another big step on from 5th place.

19. Timber

Wise Guy

It's possible to move on from him. That said the Jags appear to have no cap room for 2019 atm.

But there are so many rumours and speculation pieces around that the Jags will move on from Bortles. So it does feel like one of those things that is going to happen in the offseason even if they draft for a QB instead.

20. mp260767

Capodecina

anything is possible, i'm a rams fan and within recent years we've been involved in stupid deals for rg3 and goff, add to that the raiders sending mack to the bears :D

i've not seen any mention that the qb's in the next draft are going to be that special straight off, if that's true i don't think they'll go for one and if they bring flacco in i can't see them wanting to keep bortles as a backup, just a question of how much damage it will do to the cap if they get rid