NFL 2018 Season

Soldato
Jags have foles, redskins have keenum so don't see them going for him.

after the giants shipped obj anything is possible but i would have thought their 1st rounders would be better spent on the oline, which would help barkley and get more protection in there.

just noticed ingram has moved from the saints to the ravens, nice help for the qb there.

Soldato
Whatever the giants do they are damned because of a poor free agency.

They address the line? Cool but they still have a poor QB with average targets.

Trade up and take Murray? Cool but they still have a dross line and poor targets so Murray will probably be pumped for a year.

There are a few fundamentally flawed teams out there right now that need a lot more than one draft to fix them and the shocking state of a lot of O Lines out there is crippling.

I've been really disappointed with the Colts this FA, they have such a good basis and a couple for additions (WR most notably) they could have been solid contenders bur they've seemed to just stand still for some reason.

Bengals have been a joke again, even though i support them I loathe the organisation as a whole.

SMN

SMN

Soldato
Jags have foles, redskins have keenum so don't see them going for him.

after the giants shipped obj anything is possible but i would have thought their 1st rounders would be better spent on the oline, which would help barkley and get more protection in there.

just noticed ingram has moved from the saints to the ravens, nice help for the qb there.
Keenum and Alex Smith are hardly the future though? :) But you're right, it would be a surprise given the holes they have across the board - particularly the Redskins losing a lot of defensive starters (2 x LB's and a FS, at least, IIRC).

I'm a Ravens fan, for my sins. Ingram gives us what we need in a north-south runner, which is where Gus Edwards succeeded last year. Our big test this season is going to be getting Lamar throwing it a bit more. When the Chargers put 3 strong safeties in the box as linebackers, they really blew up our gameplan and set a blueprint that other teams can use. We need to be able to beat people using ways that arent the read-option. Play action should be Lamars homework this off season.

We need to get some pass rush help in too. There are a number of players still out there i'm interested in; Ziggy Ansah, Justin Houston (gives us that leadership too), Clay Matthews (same as Houston), Shaq Barrett, etc. We can replace Mosley in the draft, paying $17M per season for a MLB is just ridiculous.

Soldato
giants improve the oline then i think it will help a lot, manning isn't brilliant but protection will help, and more importantly it will help move the opposition for barkely.

they have ok targets, just need to make the most of them and not try to make manning have to play above his ability.

colts have cap and one of the more solid olines, suprised they didn't move more in free agency but hopefully they have a plan thats better than the one the giants have :D.

keenum for me is another one of those solid qb's, if you push them too far out of their comfort zone they make more mistakes, not seen enough to say that any of the qb's this year are enough to use a 1st round pick on to replace keenum, specially when they have other needs.

i agree i think ingram will help jackson out, plus they know his throwing needs work so hopefully hes had the sense to be working on things in the off season.

Associate
I dont follow NFL that much so going to ask you guys here. How have the Lions done in the FA? I've seen that they have signed a few guys but not anyone that I know anything about (but then I pretty much just know the big big names in the NFL)

Soldato
I dont follow NFL that much so going to ask you guys here. How have the Lions done in the FA? I've seen that they have signed a few guys but not anyone that I know anything about (but then I pretty much just know the big big names in the NFL)

from what i've seen i'd say they'd been solid with their buys, they covered areas they needed covering, the only problem being that a lot of people say they've overpaid, but for me thats just how free agency is a lot of the time nowadays.

Associate
from what i've seen i'd say they'd been solid with their buys, they covered areas they needed covering, the only problem being that a lot of people say they've overpaid, but for me thats just how free agency is a lot of the time nowadays.

Ah ok, fair enough. I pretty much only support them for the reason that I thought I will make it easy for myself and support all Detroit pro teams as I'm a big fan of the Red Wings lol. But don't follow the other sports as much as I follow the hockey. But generally you will overpay most free agents but time will tell if it was overpaying or worth the money.

Soldato
Steelers making some moves in Free Agency. Reportedly signing Rams ILB Mark Barron to a 2 year deal. Can't say I really know anything about him to be honest, but it plugs a gap if nothing else. Now that they have also signed a WR and CB they have a bit more freedom in the Draft to go for the best available player. Hope we get a comp pick for Le'veon Bell to add to the 10 we already have.

Soldato
Never ceases to amaze me how dumb professional athletes are.

cos most of them have ego's bigger than a lot of countries :D, also with the like of the football players their treated like they can't do anything wrong up until they hit the nfl.

"best" signing of free agency so far for the rams............. bortles for 1 year as a backup, can just see goff getting injured in pre season now :(.

SMN

SMN

Soldato
Antonio Brown must be thrilled with the Raiders signing Vontaze Burfict :D
Cant wait for training camp when AB goes across the middle. I hope the Raiders are on hard knocks *grabs popcorn*.

Colts signing Houston is an interesting one, curious to see how he makes the switch to 4-3 DE..

Soldato
Gronk retiring, bit of a **** time to announce it post FA. Cook was on offer and the Pats could have chased him if they knew Gronk was on the way out.

I would be a wee bit vexed if I was a Pats fan today.

Soldato
I'd be surprised if they didn't know or didn't expect it. I have him in my fantasy team and he's usually one of my keepers, but I've been planning since last season I likely would retire this year.

Back
Top Bottom