1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL 2018 Season

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by ThestigGT999, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Purdy

Capodecina

That made up penalty killed rams momentum, clear PI before the Int also.

Both offences were gash and only Edelman was impressive

2. mp260767

Capodecina

goff showing he's still got a lot to learn, another sack he didn't need to take, and yet another under thrown pass down the field.

no surprise with edelman as he makes the sort of runs that have been our downfall all year, and we're stuck with phillips for another season :(.

gurley has to still be injured or something weird is going on.

hopefully mcvay will have learnt a lot from the play off run and adapt for next season.

all credit to the pats they know how to get it done.

3. booyaka

Capodecina

Glad I didn't stay up for that one.

Something weird going on with Gurley - bearly featured at all in that game, or the last one.

POstives was I had Pats to win by 7-12 points with Paddy Power.

4. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Personally I don't think you can blame Phillips for that loss. It was the lowest scoring SB in history and you want to blame you DC for the loss?! Sorry, as with you claiming all year that the Rams weren't good enough, you just can't look at things impartially. The O really let things down. For me, Goff really regressed to the form of his first season. Any time the Pats got any pressure on him, he threw a terrible pass.

The Gurley thing is odd. They commented on his knee not being right, but he was getting carries. This is the Superbowl, seemed odd they were 'saving him'. For what?!

I think it's a shame because the Saints and Brees probably would have given us a much better game to watch. The Rams will likely have plenty more opportunities, how many will the Saints have?

Also, anyone else actually enjoy watching the adverts for a change? I was surprised and wasn't sure for a long time if this was actually a Pepsi ad or Coke -

I remember a comedian making a joke about it should be their slogan "It's Pepsi, is that okay?" Odd, or genius?

Best add of the day though -

It was also quite fun trying to pick everyone out of the NFL 100 Years video -

5. mp260767

Capodecina

i didn't blame phillips totally for the loss i said we're stuck with him for at least another season, as i think we're going backwards defensively, donald having an mvp season has papered over how poor we've been.

6. No1newts

Capodecina

The Bud Light and NFL 100 adverts were good and made me chuckle.

I must agree with @AndyCr15 it is impossible to blame Phillips. The Rams were brilliant on D keeping Pat's below the lowest winning margin in history. Edelman is a freak and him getting clear isn't really an indication of the scheming. I don't see you "stuck" with him, he's good at what he does most teams would kill for a D mind like him.

The Gurley one is plain weird, I think there's more to come with that story and it could be a personal issue/discipline thing perhaps as not playing him made zero sense. Rams O line was poor, Goff didn't execute but he hurried all night and the few times he wasn't he did actually pass well. He needs to learn to cope with pressure better but his O line gave him no chance against a Pats pass rush that isn't all that special.

X factor for me was Belichek, completely out schemes, out thought and out coached McVay. Not a huge shock or negative against McVay as it's his first Superbowl but he was in Belichek back pocket all night.

I hope Brady doesn't stick around for 4 more years, can't cope with this :p

7. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

That reminded me to post this -

It's a reasonable watch, or skip to 7:28 for the relevant clip.

8. mp260767

Capodecina

agree about goffs lack of ability to cope with pressure :(

prime example of goff having brain freeze last night , we start around the pats 47, he ends up around OUR 40, the guy to sack him is running straight at him, not catching him by surprise from a blind side etc and he just holds onto the ball instead of dumping it off :confused:

loved the "with all the money in this room you never thought of getting him killed.....", camera catching all those guilty faces :D

also right about the 1st down celebrations :p

9. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

The problem is, if you're throwing the ball because someone's going to hit you rather than someone's open... that's when you throw interceptions that we all go 'What the hell was that?!'

Yeah, I don't know the guy, I was concerned when he said he wasn't going to roast people, but he was pretty funny.

10. lee32uk

Underboss

As much as I hate to say it, the Patriots are still the best Team in the NFL. I nearly had a few quid on them to win it all when they were something like 8/1 before the playoffs :(

11. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Yeah, that could be true, but at the same time I don't know I remember going into the conference games really not knowing who would win. Don't get me wrong, I picked the Pats, but it could easily have gone other ways. If the Saint's hadn't been robbed, I think they could have won. (Well, if the Rams O played a little better, they could have won)

12. mp260767

Capodecina

he wasn't about to get hit though the guy was running from about 10 yds away with no one between them..... total brain freeze or am i missing something ?, i would expect a decent qb to have got rid of the ball.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  13. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

What was the time in the game? Qtr, time on clock etc. We be easier to see the play and comment :)

14. mp260767

Capodecina

link below, start at 1:22 ish on the vid, play was 2nd qtr, 4 mins and change left on the clock, pats up by 3.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/american-football/47113220

15. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Oh yeah, I actually remember that play as I'd said the defender was actually a little lucky Goff went to his knees as the guy didn't wrap up, make a decent attempt of a tackle or even get that good contact on him. Again though, I think you're not really appreciating how easy it is for you to say he should have just thrown to someone. You can see he's looking downfield, it's a broken play, the LB is initially heading to the flats then breaks off and rushes Goff. He closes really quick and as I say, if you've not found someone to throw to, you don't really want to just throw it somewhere. Yes, he could have thrown it out of bounds, but it's third down, so not great. Maybe you could call it brain freeze that Goff didn't instantly realise the guy had changed direction and was coming for him as you can see the point he realises, it's literally split seconds from the guy hitting him and he instinctively makes the ball safe.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely could have done better there, but of all the bad plays he made, I wouldn't have put that too near the top tbh. The play at 2:10 for example... wow.

16. ThestigGT999

Soldato

anyone watching the AAF?

17. ThestigGT999

Soldato

Thoughts on the Joe Flacco trade to the Denver Broncos?

I think it's a slight upgrade tbh

18. mp260767

Capodecina

considering the state of their offence at the mo and how flacco did last season i don't think it's enough of an improvement to be worth it

19. No1newts

Capodecina

Anyone got any thoughts on where AB will end up?

I can see it being the Packers which no one seems to be mentioning. They need to win now, AB needs/wants to win now it just makes sense. Links to Raiders seems a dud as it's a rebuild, Niners are a maybe but I don't see them gambling their future when their needs are much more vast than a wide receiver.

What about Rosen? Not sure why I'm thinking this but I could almost see the Pats picking him up with a first rounder (they have something daft like 7 picks in the top 120) and have him sit for a couple of years waiting on Brady. No basis for this just a sneaky little feeling. Can't see another team out there who would go in big on Rosen although my Bungles may be tempted with Dalton coming to an end and them working on the O line but I can't see the Bengals giving up the capital for Rosen.

Dee Ford is the other big talk, maybe a cheeky AB/DF swap otherwise dependent on Ford's priorities (win now or happy to build) could see Niners or Browns burning some cap on him. Raiders are in there but cannot see anyone wanting to go to that shambolic organisation unless they have no other options.

Interesting times!!

20. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

I'm wondering what the chances are that no-one wants AB with the way he's behaving... A little like the Kaepernic situation, everyone things 'do I really want the baggage/attention/disruption'