NFL 2018 Season

Soldato
Well I'll have it by post season as my sky finishes December 24th. I will not be pleased if I have to watch the Superbowl on BBC or wherever it is now. British coverage is always tedious with some bell end "celebrity" with a passing interest in the sport used for analysis :o

£10 on Browns -10 at 8/1. Thank you for being **** Cincinnati :p

As above I can't believe the Giants, game in hand and then effectively bench Barkley and a horrible call on the pass at the end of the half as well. Head coach has a lot to answer for as they chucked that win.

Associate
So, if you want, can you watch any game live as long as it isn't a sky game?

Also, come playoffs how will it work as sky will inevitably have almost all the games?

PS. Glad I gave up on the Bengals, backed them to get beat and took the Browns minus 10 :D show me the money!!!!!! :p

pretty sure you usually can just use a vpn if you wanna watch the sky games.
i haven't tried it in a while since i mostly watch redzone :)

Associate
From what I remember in the playoffs you can watch ALL games on GamePass, but someone might need to confirm that, I can't completely remember.

be interested if you could let us know when the post season comes round, if nobody else does.

You can watch the NFL Playoffs live on GamePass. It changed in the 2016 season, when restrictions on exclusive live Sky Playoff games were lifted (if I remember correctly) one year after the new 5-year Sky deal had been agreed.

I was a GamePass subscriber from 2007 (the Yahoo days when you had SD or HD options) to 2016. I didn't renew last year after the change in provider from Neulion to Deltatre. Not only did I sense there would be issues, but I hate the fact we no longer get the US GamePass product but rather an 'International' version and I felt the whole thing was a debacle with terrible intentions and communications from the get-go. Reading about some of the issues over at NFLUK forums has not been fun.

But back on topic if you look here you can see confirmation that the only restrictions/blackout games in the UK are the two regular season Sunday games picked by Sky: https://www.nflgamepass.com/en/subscribe/plans

pretty sure you usually can just use a vpn if you wanna watch the sky games.
i haven't tried it in a while since i mostly watch redzone :)

From what I've read on NFLUK forums the new providers is a lot harder on VPN use now, and basically stopped it. There has been a change from the country you first buy the subscription from is how your restrictions are applied throughout the season - no matter where you watch from. So buying the product from France to begin with means you won't be impacted by UK blackout restrictions.

Soldato
From what I've read on NFLUK forums the new providers is a lot harder on VPN use now, and basically stopped it. There has been a change from the country you first buy the subscription from is how your restrictions are applied throughout the season - no matter where you watch from. So buying the product from France to begin with means you won't be impacted by UK blackout restrictions.

thanks for the forum mention, reading the thread on there its an utter mess at the moment :(.

Soldato
** Slight Monday Night Football Spoiler **

Well a good week for my fantasy team, I have JuJu and Lamar Miller. How many Fantasy teams can say they have two 97 yard TD plays in the same week!

In my league it's a pretty big play -

9 pts for yards
6 pts for the td
2 bonus pts for big play
5 pts for ovr 100 yards total (not technically part of the TD run, but effectively ensures a 100 yard game)

So two plays basically assured me 44 points, just those two plays! I've finished over 150 against the team with the best record in the league and I think I'm not assured a playoff birth :)

Soldato
** Slight Monday Night Football Spoiler **

Well a good week for my fantasy team, I have JuJu and Lamar Miller. How many Fantasy teams can say they have two 97 yard TD plays in the same week!

In my league it's a pretty big play -

9 pts for yards
6 pts for the td
2 bonus pts for big play
5 pts for ovr 100 yards total (not technically part of the TD run, but effectively ensures a 100 yard game)

So two plays basically assured me 44 points, just those two plays! I've finished over 150 against the team with the best record in the league and I think I'm not assured a playoff birth :)

What fantasy do you use? I can never find one I'm happy with.

Did anyone else enjoy Mayfield's burn on ole' Hue? :D he got scorched :D

The amusing/worrying rumour for Bengals is end of season Lewis out and Hue in. Even more Newcastle similarities for me as the Bengals also seem to have an owner who hates his own team and wants to murder the hope of his fans.

Soldato
We use CBS, it's a paid one, but seems very good. We've been using it for about 17 years now and our league has plenty of history like all time head to head records etc. It's a 14 team league now, started 18 teams, but dropped down now and then. We each pay about £8 a season, but struggle to find the last few reliable coaches that will actually coach week in week out. Tbf, it's perhaps just one team this season that still has two injured players in his lineup.

What happened with Hue and Mayfield? I saw the intercepted ball get handed to Hue, I saw Hue find Baker at the end and give him a tap on the helmet.

Tbh, I think Hue got dealt a bum deal. Sure, they were shocking for two seasons... then just as he's put together a reasonable team, he gets the boot and gets no credit for finally turning them round?!

Associate
Sadly I have no option from 24/12, what's a summary of the issues as I can't get the link to work?

I think ultimately if it's the only option you have, you kinda have to go with it. And NFL Game Pass when it works is still a phenomenal services for NFL fans. But in short:

• Deltatre take over contract from Neulion in early summer 2017. Users with annual subscriptions start finding out their access to the service is removed (Deltatre started to remove access for International users to Neulion apps 5/6 weeks before end of July - when annual Game Pass subs expires.)
  • Communication about the supplier changeover happens after this starts kicking off. Includes management puff piece about how international audiences can have their 'own programming'.
  • Price for GP increases to flat £140 for UK users but remove previously longstanding discount for those on auto-renew.
  • Confusion as NFL Game Pass apps no longer work (or in some cases do - i.e. last year you access the Xbox Neulion GP app with UK login) and International (now Europe) version of Game Pass starts to appear.
  • New apps have massively reduced functionality and aren't on as many platforms (also mobile apps that were essentially links to webpages). Also 'auto' streaming quality selection only - rather than the old manual selector.
  • 2017 Regular Season arrives and service falls to pieces for weeks on end. Got so bad Deltatre refunded 20% for annual subscribers (from memory - would need to check figure).
  • Initially problems with the games being available for 40-min highlights the next morning. This was resolved in a few weeks.
  • Memo leaks from Deltatre CEO basically telling staff to leave 5-star reviews on mobile platforms as reviews were bad. Found out and had to issue a 'sorry, not sorry' statement.
  • Complaint over quality of streaming and that it has gone from 720p/60fps to 720p/30fps with new provider (may be certain platforms only).
  • Change in the way access works. Previously the country you were in, dictated whether blackout restrictions applied at that time only. Meaning if you travelled you could still use the service but potentially with improved access to games (i.e. visiting France and therefore no blackouts that week). Now whenever you purchase Game Pass from will dictate any restrictions that apply for the whole season.

There were also suggestions the new provider is a Cayman Islands shell company. Unfortunately I don't have time to link to all, but it's all on the NFLUK TV Coverage forum.

I don't think Neulion were perfect, in fact far from it and their annual pricing of the service for UK fans as one of the most expensive in Europe really peeved me off (i.e. Sunday games being restricted and no live playoff - at the time). For many it feels like the NFL simply choose a cheaper provider for profit reasons rather than sticking with what they had in Neulion, or trying to improve the service. A lot of people are saying the NHL, MLB and NBA all have far superior streaming services with true HD etc. Certainly the new provider wasn't ready and the transition was a disaster. There may be elements that are better now.

I believe since Deltatre took over we now have a split in their being two Game Pass services; one for North America, and one for International users. It wasn't this way before.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did anyone else enjoy Mayfield's burn on ole' Hue? :D he got scorched :D

added to that the browns had an interception need the bengals sideline, guy handed the ball to Hue and he dropped it like it was on fire :D

as for nfl game pass, as per timbers extensive explanation, the service has got worse and no real attempts to improve it, just seems weird that the other sports can get it right just not the nfl :(

What happened with Hue and Mayfield? I saw the intercepted ball get handed to Hue, I saw Hue find Baker at the end and give him a tap on the helmet.

Hue went in for a hug and mayfield wasn't having any of it so got a tap on the helmet :D

Soldato
Hue went in for a hug and mayfield wasn't having any of it so got a tap on the helmet :D

Someone will need to explain to me how that's the case tbh.

At what point does Hue go for a hug?!?! **EDIT** I guess his left hand initially heads towards Bakers shoulder, but I don't see that as Baker rejecting him in any way.

Soldato
I was more talking about Mayfield's interview burn saying essentially "now we have play callers on offense we trust so we are a better team" when asked how things had changed since Hue had left.

Back
Top Bottom