NHS=Negligent Health Service

Associate
In the old days, if you missed meals at hospital as away from ward for scans, surgery etc - they kept your food and a member of staff would fetch it for you to eat later. Not now. Then you starve.
My wife used to do the ward catering at our local mental health hospital which used the frozen meals which were reheated and due to that fact, for patient health and safety they couldn't keep the heated meals after 20mins.

Sandwiches were slightly different as the wards have a small kitchen attached to them with a fridge for patients to use.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My wife used to do the ward catering at our local mental health hospital which used the frozen meals which were reheated and due to that fact, for patient health and safety they couldn't keep the heated meals after 20mins.

Sandwiches were slightly different as the wards have a small kitchen attached to them with a fridge for patients to use.

but was your wife one of those that refused patients food after they came back late from a scan?

Soldato

Yes, agreed they would not keep a meal 'to the side' for a patient who has gone for a scan, but they'd never go hungry, hospital kitchens will always have food available for these patients, even if it's a sandwich/salad

Associate
but was your wife one of those that refused patients food after they came back late from a scan?
No, she cooked it, set it out then cleaned up after. It would have been the nursing staff that would have done that as the wife would be cleaning the ward area after the food was dished up.

Associate
Yes, agreed they would not keep a meal 'to the side' for a patient who has gone for a scan, but they'd never go hungry, hospital kitchens will always have food available for these patients, even if it's a sandwich/salad
Yes the GH would get food for my mum or dad when they had to go in after the meals had been served, normally sandwiches, biscuits and deserts.

Soldato
One of the advantages of private hospitals - they'll bring the food when you're ready, not when they're ready.
And much nicer.

Also another issue with some NHS hospitals is when patients get discharged later that day, they aren’t allocated a lunch. Majority of the time patients who were going to be discharged in the morning are still waiting for medication, notes, sick note until the afternoon and miss out on lunch.

Man of Honour
And much nicer.

Also another issue with some NHS hospitals is when patients get discharged later that day, they aren’t allocated a lunch. Majority of the time patients who were going to be discharged in the morning are still waiting for medication, notes, sick note until the afternoon and miss out on lunch.

but they can ask for something, just because you can't be bothered to ask doesn't mean you need to miss out.

Associate
And much nicer.

They maybe not allocated a lunch but the staff will if asked try to get them something.

Associate
My monthly national insurance payment outstrips my Bupa payment by at least £100. I'd argue that I'm paying through the nose if I go NHS too.
That's the welfare state, we pay in for everyone that uses it. The NI is mainly for pensions, a bit goes to the NHS it's your tax that pays for the majority of the NHS budget.

Back
Top Bottom