Night Owls

He never failed to delivery before I finally decided to sleep.

He had drawn a mountain and a lake covered in snow. He then proceeded to a draw cabin and while doing so, told a little story about the man who lived in the cabin. He came to the conclusion that the man probably drowned in the river.

Another one, he was painting clouds, then moved onto brushing them lightly. He tells everyone to brush lightly or you will lose the way the cloud if supposed to look and, if you brush too much, you will become a "cloud killer"

:D

Super stressed right now as i've started work experience for "data inputting" at a place local to me which is guaranteed to lead to a job. It was something that the job centre thought i could do, but it's just the fact i was sat at a desk for basically 8 hours, just not for me. So probably not going to go in this morning and just email them explaining that it just isn't for me.

I loved the people and the business and they were all very down to earth people but the role is just simply not for me. Shame as i just want to be off the dole. Guess i'm going to be on it for just a little while longer.

Any suggestions for stress relief as i really cannot sleep at all and will have to tell my parents that the job isn't for me, the main pressure is from the family as they all want me to do well and i feel that i would be a disappointment if i decided not to take the job.

Sorry for the late night misery but i'm so down right now.

Last edited:
You sound quite young, too young to be stressed ;) life has a way of working itself out, even when you're at your lowest. What kind of job would you prefer, have to admit that data input doesn't sound the greatest of careers!

You sound quite young, too young to be stressed ;) life has a way of working itself out, even when you're at your lowest. What kind of job would you prefer, have to admit that data input doesn't sound the greatest of careers!

I was hoping it would be a good side-job alongside my college course but it just wasn't for me. I just didn't want to be sat on the dole any longer, at the same time i don't want to be doing a job that wasn't right for me.

I am hoping to go into computer networking or working as an IT technicial maintaining computer systems. Sitting at a desk for 8 hours just wasn't for me. I am 22 but i need a job that allows me to keep moving.

Thank you for listening to me, last thing you probably want to be doing a 1AM on a Wednesday morning.

Last edited:
Super stressed right now as i've started work experience for "data inputting" at a place local to me which is guaranteed to lead to a job. It was something that the job centre thought i could do, but it's just the fact i was sat at a desk for basically 8 hours, just not for me. So probably not going to go in this morning and just email them explaining that it just isn't for me.

I loved the people and the business and they were all very down to earth people but the role is just simply not for me. Shame as i just want to be off the dole. Guess i'm going to be on it for just a little while longer.

Any suggestions for stress relief as i really cannot sleep at all and will have to tell my parents that the job isn't for me, the main pressure is from the family as they all want me to do well and i feel that i would be a disappointment if i decided not to take the job.

Sorry for the late night misery but i'm so down right now.

As someone that walked out of a £20k+ a year job back in January with a baby due in February, a 3 year old and a mortgage my advice is do what makes you happy.

However, instead of stressing about this work experience, take it, run with it. It will bore you to tears but it can lead to a paid job, then with that money invest it in a plumbing course or whatever it is that you actually want to do.

DO NOT give up, DO NOT think this is a job that you'll be doing for the next 40+ years, it is simply a stepping stone to something better. Think of it that way and it suddenly doesn't seem so bad :) It's what I am doing with the job I am currently in, had lots of potential to start but the glossy fake veneer has worn away now ;) Having that work experience will do wonders for you when you leave college :D

Well this morning didn't go well. Basically got labelled a quitter by my dad, really not in a good mood at all. :(

Probably going to go straight to see student welfare in the college this morning. I know its only going to get worse if I let it fester. My dad labelling me a quitter has really put me down big time, I've been through enough set backs in my life and I've always got back up when I got knocked down. Totally uncalled for comment on his behalf.

Last edited:
Well this morning didn't go well. Basically got labelled a quitter by my dad, really not in a good mood at all. :(

Probably going to go straight to see student welfare in the college this morning. I know its only going to get worse if I let it fester. My dad labelling me a quitter has really put me down big time, I've been through enough set backs in my life and I've always got back up when I got knocked down. Totally uncalled for comment on his behalf.

my mum was always horrible to me always has been and still is whenever i put myself forward to do something she will say things along the lines of " you can't do that your not good enough " " you can't do that your not big enough " " You can't do that your not strong enough " "you can't do that your not smart enough " and then she has the audacity to complain when i don't do anything with myself.

What im trying to say i guess is try not to get bothered by it, in fact use it as ammunition to push yourself further so you can give a great big metaphorical **** you to the person who is saying anything negative to you.

well, I'll be up all night looking for jobs after being let go today, a day before my 6 month probation was up.

I wouldn't mind but the reasons are nothing I have control over. my department is small and a complete offshoot from the main company therefore has nothing to do with the main income. After some rather BS behaviour by the company they let the studio manager go 6 weeks ago and now, they are worried about paying the upcoming unfair dismissal case off so myself and another woman have been let go.

So, looking for work starting asap around the TF9 area but willing to travel to stoke, telford etc ;)

well, I'll be up all night looking for jobs after being let go today, a day before my 6 month probation was up.

I wouldn't mind but the reasons are nothing I have control over. my department is small and a complete offshoot from the main company therefore has nothing to do with the main income. After some rather BS behaviour by the company they let the studio manager go 6 weeks ago and now, they are worried about paying the upcoming unfair dismissal case off so myself and another woman have been let go.

So, looking for work starting asap around the TF9 area but willing to travel to stoke, telford etc ;)

Sounds ***** rhymes with hitty.

Gool look finding something soon matey! Rubbish being let go without any notice :/

Thanks, only a weeks notice too, not ideal.

Got an interview tomorrow at a local betting shop, 20 hours a week but work is work :D Loads of experience with warehouse, order picking as well as office management so shouldn't be too hard. famous last words!

Back
Top Bottom