Associate
I'm stuck working unfortunately, waiting for some patches to install so I can turn the lights out and sleep but it's dragging on!

Man of Honour
Mine is terrible at the moment - completely messed up by shift patterns leading upto Christmas and then events over Christmas and the New Year. I had about an hours nap around midnight and might get my head down for a couple of hours in a bit - though when I tried that last night I ended up lying awake until about 7am then sleeping til 1pm.

Soldato
Mine is terrible at the moment - completely messed up by shift patterns leading upto Christmas and then events over Christmas and the New Year. I had about an hours nap around midnight and might get my head down for a couple of hours in a bit - though when I tried that last night I ended up lying awake until about 7am then sleeping til 1pm.

Yup, last 4 days has been 10pm-3am, then 6/7am till 11am/2pm

Tried to correct it by staying up, was great until I a) felt like death at 1-5pm and b) decided to watch a film at 7pm, I fell asleep and the mrs didnt want to wake me so I was lovely and alert at 3am again.

Not her fault at all, I'm not the happiest person to wake up.

Man of Honour
Ditto, I wish this cold would **** off, fell asleep for about half an hour, woke up with totally dry mouth.

Looking at recipes, need to go shopping tomorrow, but it's now made me hungry.

Been making my way through red dwarf this last week, with lack of sleep.

Man of Honour
Had my hour. I can't wait for this cold to do one. Get back to being able to breath and sleep.

Lister: It's only two years. But with good behaviour, it'll probably be eighteen months. Remember when you're born, and then you're eighteen months? The time just flashed past.

Rimmer: It flashed past because you had two breasts as big as your head at your beck and call day and night. Give me that now and I wouldn't be whingeing.

Soldato
18 hour day today, just finished. 135 parcels hand-packed, endless orders placed with suppliers and a load of Customs paperwork done.

The joys of being self employed! Think it's bed time... once I've dropped the last few parcels off at the local drop-off point.

Soldato
Can't sleep and I've been awake since 8am, this is the problem with having loads of time off work, you get lazy and lose your routine :(

Soldato
Can't sleep and I've been awake since 8am, this is the problem with having loads of time off work, you get lazy and lose your routine :(

Pretty much my issue too. Had a very nice christmas but my sleep schedule is completely trashed, might just do an all-nighter and drink loads of energy drinks. Seems to be the only way to reset my sleep schedule. Work is going to be a challenge, thankfully it's not too difficult. Just building and generating database reports.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty much my issue too. Had a very nice christmas but my sleep schedule is completely trashed, might just do an all-nighter and drink loads of energy drinks. Seems to be the only way to reset my sleep schedule. Work is going to be a challenge, thankfully it's not too difficult. Just building and generating database reports.

I was thinking of doing the same, but knowing my luck I'll fall asleep at like 1pm and wake up early in the evening and be awake all night again :p

Back
Top Bottom