Associate
Two weeks off work and did a night shift (2300-0700) on overtime yesterday.

Suffering for it tonight. wide awake. On my phone with missus asleep next to me.

New GPU and headset arriving tomorrow so it's a little like Christmas, maybe I'll be able to go on PC without disturbing the sleepers then :p

Soldato
Office closed down.
Oh bummer, anything else on the horizon? Gardening leave seems strange if your office has closed, surely it'd be easier just to give you pay in lieu of notice?

Wife's company decided to shut with a month's notice just before Christmas, thankfully she's managed to keep a few clients on herself but was fairly worrying at the time.

Commissario
It would have been easier to do that but this way I get a better deal and more time to find another job so I'm not complaining. There's not anything specifically on the cards at the moment but I'm looking.

Soldato
Had a row with the gf about her son at 9pm and can't sleep :(

Feeling guilty, he's 21 and has tons of issues: Anxiety attacks, malnourished, nocturnal, antisocial, and a massive hoarder.

I got sick of picking a path through all his junk when staying over and had a pop at him for sitting about all night playing pc games instead of helping his mum out during the day. Gf stepped in as peacemaker, he played the victim and I'm now the bad man :(

If it weren't for the gf's son we'd be so happy together.

I honestly don't think there is room for a relationship here.

Soldato

Feeling guilty, he's 21 and has tons of issues: Anxiety attacks, malnourished, nocturnal, antisocial, and a massive hoarder.

I got sick of picking a path through all his junk when staying over and had a pop at him for sitting about all night playing pc games instead of helping his mum out during the day. Gf stepped in as peacemaker, he played the victim and I'm now the bad man :(

I assume he wont be leaving home anytime soon then? He reminds me of my GFs brother, luckily he doesn't live with us.

Caporegime

Damn man, that sounds like a tough wicket. You'll never get between a mother and her son and if that son happens to be a bit special, then you're farting in the wind. Good luck.

Man of Honour
fed up, just ordered a 10000lux sad lamp to use in the mornings, see if it helps. Cant even blame it on shift working as haven't done that in months. the 7am alarm is not going to be welcome. think when it arrives I'll also get some camomile tea or something, coldish shower and try and get a proper bed routine going and try and set it up for like 11pm/
room is already dark, with so many leds gaffer taped over, phone and laptop have blue filter apps, which are set up extremely aggressively, and that doesn't seem to have helped.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom