1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Night Owls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rickjames, Jul 12, 2015.

1. LeeUK

Mobster

What I find with the BBC news is they have too much coverage of foreign stuff and not enough UK news, especially on a slow news day. Like if there is no major election news or terrorist attack, then it's just endless American, Trump, Russia, ISIS middle east fighting yawn etc etc.

2. Kronos

Catwalker

Hey it is the BBC so it is not just ISIS it is 'so called ISIS, or ' the group that calls itself ISIS, what is that all about? And what on earth is a travel show do it being shown on a News channel. Or this week in history where some stuff from decades past is shown, or why us there the need to tell us what the headlines are more than once in a bulletin or what is still to come. I tend to watch Al Jazeera these days as coverage is far greater and far more detailed. It mentioned recently a trial in Vietnam of a guy you played a major role in the killing of a quarter of that country's population during the war some decades ago which did not deserve a mention on the BBC as I think Trump had tweeted that day about his love of his great family. The BBC was once the go to channel for unbiased comprehensive coverage of world events but not any more.

3. Sliver

Capodecina

Managed a few hours sleep last night. Woke at around 3:30am. First time I've slept in over 2 days. Feeling refreshed now. Must resist the urge to nap today so I can sleep tonight.

4. bainbridge

Mobster

Worked late this evening and though a Costa Coffee at 6pm and a crappy vending machine coffee at 8pm kept me going I'm regretting it now :(

Caffeine must have more effect as I get older or something because I'm tired but still wired.

5. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

That sucks :/ try going without for a week and see how you get on? I find water is quite an energising drink especially if you work in a physical job.

I find the main thing that keeps me awake long periods is my brain activity. I think a lot in bed and that keeps me up. I'm then getting annoyed at still being up that keeps me even more awake and so on. If that makes sense?

6. Acme

Caporegime

T'was 11PM and I was planning on getting a good nights sleep... Then I went out to a bar with a couple of friends for a brief while, and got back at 2AM, in bed by 3:30AM... Rubbish sleep... :p

Why do I do this to myself. :p

7. Sliver

Capodecina

Awoke yesterday at 6am having managed only a couple of hours and I thought, ok I'll sleep well tonight. But...

[​IMG]

Not a chance pal. :(

Off back to bed now to study the paintwork on my bedroom ceiling.

8. IronWarrior

Mobster

Wish there was a sleeping pill that could knock you right out for about 8+ hours. :p

9. Rroff

Man of Honour

Generally they don't give good quality of sleep, other side effects or aren't intended for long term use.

10. IronWarrior

Mobster

I risk it man. lol

11. robfosters

Caporegime

I took zopiclone for a while and while I slept solid for 8-10 hours, I still felt like crap the next day, so I stopped them and just used natural methods.

12. Sliver

Capodecina

Insomnia is such a hoot !

[​IMG]

13. rickjames

Mobster

Bloody hell, didn't realise this thread was still going! Pardon my ignorance.

14. Sliver

Capodecina

I keep resurrecting it as it gets lonely sat here in the dark with my demons. :(

15. Captain

Capodecina

Work in 5 hours, been awake since 5am too. :(

16. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

Replace said demons with pickle rick!

At work and it's way to hot :( only have this shift and tomorrow to do then I am free until next Wednesday:D

17. Glaucus

Man of Honour

its been a while since I needed to come in here.
    Late night last night followed by stupid phone call waking me up early, lead to a midday nap which may have lasted 4 hours. Thus I am wide awake.

18. Vidar

Mobster

Just in from work.... early 3am finish for once yay! :S

While I'm praying for a more normal job, I know adjusting to 9 till 5 is going to be hell

19. ThaReaperGuy

Soldato

5am, wide awake. Need to be at 9, do an exam at 2pm and then get me and my mates to I61... SLEEP PLEASE.

20. Sliver

Capodecina

I got to sleep for 4 hours tonight. Yay! Think I'll give myself an internet cookie. :)