1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Night Owls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rickjames, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Rroff

Man of Honour

Long term nights messes me up proper not just makes me grumpy lol - and it isn't due to vitamin deficiency in my case. Sadly I seem to be edging back onto nights (just finished a shift) so probably gonna have to look for a new job.

2. Minstadave

Caporegime

My current job is 1:2 weekends and nights everyother week. It’s soul destroying but the end is in sight.

I thought nights were ok until we had our daughter. The combination of nights, trying to squeeze in family time on nights and a noise toddler when you’re trying to sleep is just a mess.

3. Clov!s

Capodecina

Long night, one more 12 hour shift tonight and that’s 90 hours this week. :o

4. Kronos

Catwalker

Chasing a mouse around the flat that my cat Millie has bought home as she felt my hunting skills needed honing, still I would normally be searching the TV channels for something remotely interesting at this time.

5. Rroff

Man of Honour

Covering for duty manager on night shift yay - was 25% under staff on paper for the job to be done further depleted by staff off sick.

6. Acme

Caporegime

Time for an early night, relatively speaking for me! Counting down the days til my unemployment ends.

4 days to go... :)

7. Glaucus

Man of Honour

no wonder I feel good today, I think this stupid cold has finally broken.
    [​IMG]

however the first week of nights on Monday, haven't done a full week of nights in about a year.

8. Telecaster

Mobster

Wish I could go back to regular nights, I used to love it.

Naturally a night owl but due to work probably in bed around 10pm latest, hate it to be honest.

I used to love a long lay in at the weekends until after lunch time but now I'm used to getting up around 4-5am for work I can't sleep any longer than about 8:30am

9. Rroff

Man of Honour

Been doing a lot nights recently covering a role at work and its making me super grumpy especially the last few days, was really short tempered and ready to bite people's heads off today over some relatively minor, though frustrating, issues at work. Definitely not due to lack of sleep or vitamins, etc.

10. Sliver

Capodecina

Thought I'd revive this thread as it's good.

So, it's 2:15am and I'm awake. Haven't slept properly in days which is a little worrying. Still, I have alcohol and the internet so I'll be ok. Any one else up at this hour?

On a side note, if a wasp farts in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? Peace out.......................

11. Phemo

Soldato

My youngest lad is ill so has been a bit unsettled all night. I'm still sat awake because I can't really sleep. Not ideal when I'm working in the morning, but thankfully I work from home.

12. Sliver

Capodecina

Sorry to hear than man. I'm sure he'll pull through, kids often get ill but it's mostly a passing thing.

13. Phemo

Soldato

Yeah he's only got a cold but he's a snotty mess :) He's upstairs with his mum now so at least I'm getting some quiet time alone - can't remember the last time I had even an hour to myself with peace and quiet. Loving it despite being knackered.

14. Rroff

Man of Honour

I'm at work - haven't been sleeping great last couple of nights so running on about 2 hours sleep yay.

I have internet but alcohol might be a bit of a no no heh.

15. Sliver

Capodecina

Power through dude. I heard that whales don't sleep so if they can do it why not us :)

16. NastyRhythm

Associate

Been working nights for 10 years now and love it. There's something about being awake all night that makes work much easier.
    I struggle to sleep sometimes but on average I get about 4-5 hours sleep a day.

17. Sliver

Capodecina

I used to work nights too but it was kind of hard to get things done at times when you're asleep during the day. Still, what pays the bills pays the bills.

18. Rroff

Man of Honour

IIRC with mammals the need for sleep is proportional to the size - elephants don't sleep much at times either.

I hate working nights - really messes me up - I'm relatively well paid to do it at the moment but if that changes I'm off. If it wasn't for that I'd quite like it as currently I'm the most senior person in the building on night shifts plus the extra pay and less people to bother you, etc.

19. NastyRhythm

Associate

Yer it does mess things up when you need to do stuff like get the car serviced or go doctors etc.

The money is definitely one of the main reasons I do nights and that I get get every other Friday off meaning I get a long weekend.

20. Schizo

Capodecina

20 Years on nights here :)