1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Night Owls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rickjames, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Glaucus

Man of Honour

Give up caffeine.
    Goto bed at the same time every night

These are the two biggest ones for me. Also a shift worker and it screws me up so much.

If you do use TV/computers etc, then block blue light from a few hours before bed. Look at apps etc (flux on pc) and special lightbulbs.
    If you are stuck thinking about something get it off your mind.
    Get a sad lamp on timer to wake you up and get a few hours of either sad lamp or sun light in the mourning.
    Go see a doctor
    Make sure bed is comfy
    Make sure bedroom is dark, cover up standby lights, cover windows etc.
    Make sure temp is right.

2. Amleto

Soldato

Most that have been to uni will have been away from home for fours by your age. Then they get a job and **** off somewhere else.

3. FlakGunna

Perma Banned

Thanks for the replies @Begbie @Glaucus

I don't drink coffee/caffeine anyway so that's not an issue. Been docs and stuff like that, I've had it since my teens to be honest and I'm now in my early 30's.
    I've downloaded that F.lux program it seems pretty good I'll try that out. The other stuff I pretty much do anyway.
    It's a pain in the arse!

4. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

Sat at work bored out of my skin eating a Tesco chicken fajita.

Quite disturbed by the fact the chicken is from Thailand. Though it would be from the UK.

5. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

How's the sleep issues going buddy? You well?

6. Acme

Caporegime

I should sleep. Got car shiz to do tomoz.

7. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

Sounds interesting haha? Anything specific?

I'm just gonna have a hour or two on destiny 2 when I get home and then a hour of learning polish.

8. Rroff

Man of Honour

Any one wanna swap work shifts? I'm on 8pm to 4am this week yay.

9. Acme

Caporegime

replacing a gearbox seal, plumbing in the new fuel tank, putting the prop shaft back together with new rubber mountings and flex disk, putting exhauat heat shields back on, then driving up to Luton to pick up a new exhaust.

possibly taking pics of rot to send to my welding buddy. not looking forward to that!

10. Minstadave

Caporegime

I’m 9pm until 10am :(

11. FlakGunna

Perma Banned

Had a good sleep last night thanks but that's thanks to the fact I took 15mg of zopiclone and I was out like a log. How about you?

12. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

Not long since been home :D I haven't slept well all week though, keep waking up in a severe panic/struggle to breath in that state. Then I struggle to get off again.

Interestingly conversations with a couple of select people really seems to calm me down in that state. I think I should see a doc though.

13. FlakGunna

Perma Banned

HAPPENS to me too, I woke up the other morning heart beating like a lunatic and severe anxiety and panic. Thought my heart was gonna stop. It's nasty and wouldn't wish it on anyone. There is help for it though but the docs don't like dish out medication. But yes go docs.

14. FloppyPoppy

Soldato

I'm not one for wanting medication to be honest though. Haven't taken a paracetamol /anything similar in over 15 years.

I'm sure there is something else underlying as it's been happening this week only. Out of nowhere.

15. FlakGunna

Perma Banned

Sounds weird but I just got into those ASMR videos on YouTubem there is a lovely young lady called GENTLEWHISPERING ASMR. Put your headphones on and relax it helps immensely for my anxiety.. give it a try.

16. Vidar

Mobster

Do any of you find that doing long term nights makes you very short tempered?

17. AHarvey

Sgarrista

that's just a lack of sleep. Guaranteed to make you grumpy and irritable. Also, lack of vit D can do it as well.

18. Acme

Caporegime

Well tonight I barely feel like a night owl because of the clocks going back. :)

19. Captain

Capodecina

I’m on 6pm-6am, had enough already tonight, no decent food either, just junk food. :(

20. Kronos

Catwalker

I used to be that way, but giving up on the medications and accepting the myriad of sleep issues will never be resolved I am less so now.