*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
How does places getting stock work? In general, is it safe to assume that if one place gets some switches, then other places will be getting some too?

I ask because I work in tesco, and have put the word out that if one comes in, can they give me a shout.

it seems impossible to get one anywhere else, and if they do come in stock, you’d need to literally be in front of a screen within the minute or two that they do.

I got mine from a large Tesco Extra by me. They had nothing on shelves but I asked at customer services and they checked out back and came back with a grey one. Was very surprised.

Associate
I got mine from a large Tesco Extra by me. They had nothing on shelves but I asked at customer services and they checked out back and came back with a grey one. Was very surprised.

the way the shortage is now... surprised would be an understatement. Lol

not that I would anyway, but I don’t even have the money to pay the silly prices that are being asked now. It’s just a case of trying to wait it out.
I’m a 38 year old adult.... but for some reason this is bringing out the 10 year old impatient kid in me. Lol.
Hopefully in a few weeks there might be stock for the people who actually want them as well as the scalpers that are buying them all up to sell on.

Soldato
the way the shortage is now... surprised would be an understatement. Lol

not that I would anyway, but I don’t even have the money to pay the silly prices that are being asked now. It’s just a case of trying to wait it out.
I’m a 38 year old adult.... but for some reason this is bringing out the 10 year old impatient kid in me. Lol.
Hopefully in a few weeks there might be stock for the people who actually want them as well as the scalpers that are buying them all up to sell on.

I'm playing it down really, I was completely buzzing when she came back with it in her arm. Later that day I also scored a copy of ring fit adventure off the Nintendo store when they came in stock for about 3 minutes. Probably should have done the lottery that day.

Associate
Not really, I remember thinking the same with the original Wii during its crazy times.

On a side note....Wii Fit boards have started rising in price too!
The original Wii crazy prices were when it first released and the Christmas after. Switch has been out for what 3 years now?

Associate
Managed to get one from a Asda near me. If you phone your local Asda stores, choose you are a colleague option and just say this "Hi I'm John from Asda Swansea (whatever your local is), a customer is with me and he is after a Switch do you have any stock?" Worked for me.

Soldato
510/999 Moons in Mario Odyssey. Wow this game has a lot of value if you want to 100% it.

No idea how long it'll take me to buy all the stuff from the shop either. Some stuff is 9999

Soldato
The original Wii crazy prices were when it first released and the Christmas after. Switch has been out for what 3 years now?

I remember selling mine both times. It just didn't get enough use to justify keeping it.

Bought a third and final console for Brawl. Still need to go back an play a bunch of Wii games I missed though; Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Metroid Prime 3, Skyward Sword, and probably a bunch of other games I can't think of right now. At the time, it only really got used for Wii Sports, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros.

Back
Top Bottom