*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
I could never warm to WW. Zelda is one of my favourite series but I found WW such a let down.
Far too easy, no memorable dungeons and sailing...
Fair points, doing yet more sailing certainly did put me off some of the side quest stuff.

I think for me it's the nostalgia, I was peak Nintendo child at the time it came out. Reading about it in magazines prior to release and then playing it over and over once released. I loved the art style and the sounds are fantastic. That and I never had either of the N64 Zelda's, couldn't afford them as a poor kid. This was my first real dive into the series and really stood out amongst my limited number of GameCube games.

Soldato
Fair points, doing yet more sailing certainly did put me off some of the side quest stuff.

I think for me it's the nostalgia, I was peak Nintendo child at the time it came out. Reading about it in magazines prior to release and then playing it over and over once released. I loved the art style and the sounds are fantastic. That and I never had either of the N64 Zelda's, couldn't afford them as a poor kid. This was my first real dive into the series and really stood out amongst my limited number of GameCube games.
That's why I love the Wii U version more as the sailing was shorter and could be skipped.

Soldato
I could never warm to WW. Zelda is one of my favourite series but I found WW such a let down.
Far too easy, no memorable dungeons and sailing...
The sailing was a chore but the Wii U version improved on that. Come to think of it, I also don't remember any memorable dungeons. I remember when Nintendo teased a link Vs ganondorf fight on their space world and then we got ww. That still left me bitter lol

I have Rare Replay already on Xbox one. Only games missing now is DK64 , Conkers and Diddy Kong Racing. I have access to everything else on "modern" consoles.
I've been playing diddy kong racing recently and I forgot how good of a game it was, > Mario Kart 64 imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just about to buy a swicth for the first time, what games should I buy? First Zelda and Mario game and play based on release dates? Or just buy latest Mario release and Zelda?
Don’t burn yourself out with breath of the wild and go straight for tears of the kingdom. Same maps. Different mechanics.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The sailing was a chore but the Wii U version improved on that. Come to think of it, I also don't remember any memorable dungeons. I remember when Nintendo teased a link Vs ganondorf fight on their space world and then we got ww. That still left me bitter lol

I've been playing diddy kong racing recently and I forgot how good of a game it was, > Mario Kart 64 imo.

Yeah Diddy was far superior imo. We used to have an absolute blast 4 player split screen. Mario Kart hardly got a look in. The boss battles in the single player were proper tough too.

Soldato
Yeah Diddy was far superior imo. We used to have an absolute blast 4 player split screen. Mario Kart hardly got a look in. The boss battles in the single player were proper tough too.
That octopus boss was something else, we played without save states and YouTube videos. Some of the silver coin challenges were hard, I remember playing 2 player with my brother and told him to stock up 10 rockets and shoot the CPU which made it easy for me on certain tracks.

Man of Honour
Just picked up a few things on sale; Mario Odyssey (I did have this when I originally had a Switch but not since I rebought an OLED), the Turtles Cowabunga Collection and finally picked up MGS 1,2,3 now that its discounted.
Got a proper queue of stuff to play now (along with Tomb Raider) although I've got sucked into Knights of the Old Republic, no idea how I've never played this over the years!

Associate
How easy is it to move games / saves to a new Switch?

My son has an original Switch and now my youngest son wants one too, so I’m thinking of upgrading my eldest to a new OLED one and donating his existing Switch to my youngest.

Is that straightforward? I have a the parent Nintendo account and most of his stuff is in an SD card in the Switch.

Associate
How easy is it to move games / saves to a new Switch?

My son has an original Switch and now my youngest son wants one too, so I’m thinking of upgrading my eldest to a new OLED one and donating his existing Switch to my youngest.

Is that straightforward? I have a the parent Nintendo account and most of his stuff is in an SD card in the Switch.
It's fairly straightforward. The console will walk you through the process of moving his profile/account/game data etc to the new OLED. From memory the only game that requires some extra work is Animal Crossing: New Horizons - if he has that game you'll need to download a free app from the eShop. If he has a lot of games it can take some time for the save data to upload from the cloud/transfer from the previous console.

Associate
It's fairly straightforward. The console will walk you through the process of moving his profile/account/game data etc to the new OLED. From memory the only game that requires some extra work is Animal Crossing: New Horizons - if he has that game you'll need to download a free app from the eShop. If he has a lot of games it can take some time for the save data to upload from the cloud/transfer from the previous console.
Ok that’s great thanks. I think he does have that but I don’t think it’s in he plays anymore.

On the Switch, you can play games with different accounts so can I just have the game on both devices and let them play on their own accounts or will I have to buy games again for my youngest son to play?

Associate
Ok that’s great thanks. I think he does have that but I don’t think it’s in he plays anymore.

On the Switch, you can play games with different accounts so can I just have the game on both devices and let them play on their own accounts or will I have to buy games again for my youngest son to play?
I don't have a Nintendo family account so not sure what privileges that allows when it comes to game sharing etc.

Soldato
I've now sold my switch and games. Now waiting for Nintendos new console to buy. Money I got from the sale will be more than enough to buy the next console.

On a side note I came across this cool video

It's amazing how much performance improves with just a memory overclock, see how many games go from 20fps to 50fps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom