*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I'm at a wedding today so I'm going to miss it :(

I've been playing it for the last 15 minutes but I'm not really enjoying it. The mechanics of the game seem very simplistic, seems like there isn't much depth to it and it feels fairly random when you throw punches as to whether they go where you want. I actually turned it off as I was bored. The art style and characters left me cold as well.

I seem to be in the minority though as everyone else seems to love it? I think the motion controls could be good and I like the twin joy con grip style. Arms doesn't feel like the game for me though.

Soldato
Considering one of these as I struggle for screen time in the living room due to kids and wife. I'd probably spend 95% of the time on it lying on the couch, headphones in on mains. Not really fussed on anything else than that. With that in mind, is it something I should go for?

Zelda, MK would be day one purchases, but after that there's nothing else for me right now. That's really my sticking point. I'd even buy skyrim for the 5th time if it was out now, Fifa also appeals and any mario game.

Soldato
I'd buy one now if I hadn't already. Zelda and MK8D are fantastic games. Other than a few bits of other games that's all I've been playing for almost 3 months. Splatoon 2 in July will also be great, I'm sure.

Binding of Isaac and Shovel Knight are also great in handheld mode.

Soldato
Nintendo Customer Support are absolutely awful, so if anything goes wrong you will be ****** for weeks

I rang up two weeks ago about a fault with a joycon (in mk it basically consistently steers to one side from the start line) and they promised me an email with a returns postage attachment within a few hours - not sure why it takes a few hours to send an email but even so no problem.....and you know what the email arrived.

This is where things started to go wrong.

All the email said was - "thank you for registering your fault - we will be back in touch shortly with more information" - how ******* pointless is that
If you are going to send me an email , why not actually send me one that's of use, rather than something completely pointless.

I of course replied straight away asking for the postage label - and haven't heard anything for 10 days +

Obviously I could go and buy a replacement controller (not exactly cheap at £30) or a "pro" controller for double that - but I'm not exactly overjoyed about paying 10-20% more of the console for something I shouldn't have needed in the 1st place - irrespective of whether it will last a reasonable amount of time in the 1st place.

Man of Honour
I've read conflicting opinions on that. Some do, some don't. Not sure. Went out today so didn't get a chance to give it a go unfortunately.

The non motion advantage is huge, check out any fighting game specific forums (not neogaf) to see why.

It's live now.

Last edited:
Associate
Nintendo Customer Support are absolutely awful, so if anything goes wrong you will be ****** for weeks

I can confirm this. It took them a month to reply to an email requesting a repair for my Left Joycon, their response was to call them. Sod em, I'm just gonna buy a new set and play the old switcheroo and refund.

God awful support compared to Microsoft and Sony who have both been painless to deal with over the years.

Soldato
Those who are having problems with contacting Nintendo regarding the joycon... if by email don't bother. I got no response.

Called them, the guy I spoke to was very helpful. Email received immediately after the call with return details. Sent last Wednesday, I'll keep you updated...

Soldato
Tried Arms, tutorial was fine but as soon as I was online I couldn't move or anything, and it felt like a complete mess

Obviously yes it's a beta but I don't think there's anything here for me, personally

Caporegime

I rang up two weeks ago about a fault with a joycon (in mk it basically consistently steers to one side from the start line) and they promised me an email with a returns postage attachment within a few hours - not sure why it takes a few hours to send an email but even so no problem.....and you know what the email arrived.

This is where things started to go wrong.

All the email said was - "thank you for registering your fault - we will be back in touch shortly with more information" - how ******* pointless is that
If you are going to send me an email , why not actually send me one that's of use, rather than something completely pointless.

I of course replied straight away asking for the postage label - and haven't heard anything for 10 days +

Obviously I could go and buy a replacement controller (not exactly cheap at £30) or a "pro" controller for double that - but I'm not exactly overjoyed about paying 10-20% more of the console for something I shouldn't have needed in the 1st place - irrespective of whether it will last a reasonable amount of time in the 1st place.

Maybe already suggested but did you turn off motion steering?

Back
Top Bottom