*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Its funny how the review business works.

For films, anything above a 7 on IMDB is considered good usually.

If a game gets a 7 I assume its playable but not really worth the time. Unless something is getting a 9/10 I'm not usually going to buy it at launch unless the hype is massive or I have previous experience with the series.

Yeah it's a 7-10 rating system in reality, and Rime scored 78 on Metacritic.

I played about 2 hours of Rime for free via Steam's refund policy and wasn't impressed with it.

Soldato
Its funny how the review business works.

For films, anything above a 7 on IMDB is considered good usually.

If a game gets a 7 I assume its playable but not really worth the time. Unless something is getting a 9/10 I'm not usually going to buy it at launch unless the hype is massive or I have previous experience with the series.
E.T and Total recall are in the 7's on IMDB, i quite like those films a lot. But taking average scores doesn't always work for me, i usually see the individual reviews and the top ones gave 8's, and others gave 6-7 and it drags the average score down. Half the time for (IMO) stupid reasons or trolling, some even give 1-2 stars.

With games on Steam some are rated overall better there than other places, PUBG is apparently one of the most played games at the moment and it's in the 7x% range.

This is why i don't trust reviews all the time, like i said way too much variance.

Soldato
I'm not paying £36 for The Binding of Isaac, it's an insult. £20 and I'd bite.

BTW.. I never knew the Switch is going to be graced by the "Better Together" Minecraft update this Autumn. The main feature being infinitely long worlds, such a huge selling point on a handheld.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm not paying £36 for The Binding of Isaac, it's an insult. £20 and I'd bite.

BTW.. I never knew the Switch is going to be graced by the "Better Together" Minecraft update this Autumn. The main feature being infinitely long worlds, such a huge selling point on a handheld.

I paid 24 quid and it feels like too much.

Associate
I really didn't expect Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to make it out this year, if it's up to the standard of the previous games then I'll be getting it for sure. Based on the gameplay demo footage I've watched so far it's looking very promising.

Just spent an hour on Octopath Traveler demo. It's fantastic. Visually breathtaking. :)

Yeah it looks amazing!. I'm generally impressed with the game all round, it definitely had me hooked. The battle mechanics are mostly familiar so far, the boost and break defense stuff worked really well but I'm curious to find out how it will be expanded upon later in the game.
It seems like the game is designed to have you play through each individual character story, it'll be interesting to see how they handle the overall progression in that case and how long each story will be.

I like that you can keep exploring in the demo after getting the "Thanks for playing" message :), it's quite a big demo!.

Caporegime
I've not gotten very far. Just the first proper fight really. Treading lightly with it as I am not typically into JRPG's so it feels quite new to me however I enjoyed what I played so far.

I wanted to give it a go after seeing this unique visual style. I had to try it! :)

Soldato
Played about two hours of binding of Isaac now and I really don't get the appeal.

Time to sell it I think.

This is why I never buy a digital copy of a game other than from steam where you can refund it if you don't like it.

At least with physical if you don't like a game or get bored/complete it after a week or two you can still sell it for often not far short of what you paid for it.

It's a shame you don't like Isaac but it's going for £25-30 on eBay just now so you definitely won't lose money if you only paid £24

Back
Top Bottom