*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
After some advice, my nephews are getting a Switch for Christmas and I want to get them some accessories and/or games for it. Having never really been a big Nintendo gamer I’m at a bit of a loss as to what the must have games and accessories for the system are and what are just gimmicks.

They’re 5 and 8 and I think MarioKart is with the bundle they’ve bought. Are the steering wheel accessories worthwhile? Also, is there any need for another set of controllers? Or are the two that some with the switch alright for two players?

Cheers

Soldato
I am plugging serious hours into Skyrim at the moment. It's brilliant and it has managed to take me away from Zelda.

I pre-ordered xenoblade 2 and with the release in about a week I have no idea if I will have the time.

Mario is also great as a casual and I love playing that with my son.

So many great games and this doesn't include my main system which is my PC.....

Man of Honour
After some advice, my nephews are getting a Switch for Christmas and I want to get them some accessories and/or games for it. Having never really been a big Nintendo gamer I’m at a bit of a loss as to what the must have games and accessories for the system are and what are just gimmicks.

They’re 5 and 8 and I think MarioKart is with the bundle they’ve bought. Are the steering wheel accessories worthwhile? Also, is there any need for another set of controllers? Or are the two that some with the switch alright for two players?

Cheers

Steering wheels are rubbish really. My kids are similar ages, 9 and 7. They actually are enjoying zelda but need some help. I would think Mario odyssey might go down well. The pro controller or another set of joy cons would be great.

Soldato
That's an EXTREMELY good price, if the machine really is as new and the game is intact. I got my Switch for equivalent £200 brand new, and I still think that was a great price, your deal is even potentially better :)
Crossing fingers for you; I wasn't sure what to make of the Switch originally; but now I've got it in my hand and seen what it does, even if I've not had a huge amount of time on it yet, I really like it; although I think I'll be picking up a pro controller sometime.

Soldato
That's an EXTREMELY good price, if the machine really is as new and the game is intact. I got my Switch for equivalent £200 brand new, and I still think that was a great price, your deal is even potentially better :)
Crossing fingers for you; I wasn't sure what to make of the Switch originally; but now I've got it in my hand and seen what it does, even if I've not had a huge amount of time on it yet, I really like it; although I think I'll be picking up a pro controller sometime.

Thanks, I am really excited about trying out the Switch. I am feeling incredibly lucky at the moment, I couldn't believe it when I saw the price at £237 initially and then the extra 20% on checkout. I just hope there is nothing wrong with the joycons. The code being unused will be a bonus at that price :D.

It said it was used - like new, packaging may be damaged.

Man of Honour
I am leaning towards Zelda but I heard there's dlc coming out for it. Does it feel like a complete game or should I wait for the game of the year edition?

Key features are in the DLC (such as the ability to get the "true" master sword, see where you've been on the map, korok locator and a teleport ability) and since Mario + Rabbids had a combined discount for the gold version with the DLC I'd hold of for that if it's a concern for you.

Man of Honour
Thanks, I am really excited about trying out the Switch. I am feeling incredibly lucky at the moment, I couldn't believe it when I saw the price at £237 initially and then the extra 20% on checkout. I just hope there is nothing wrong with the joycons. The code being unused will be a bonus at that price :D.

It said it was used - like new, packaging may be damaged.

Even if the joycons are faulty surely Nintendo would sort that out?
That really is a steal though, great deal!

Man of Honour
I think Skyrim is better than Zelda tbh. Zelda is great but as soon as Skyrim came out I have not touched it since.

I'm playing Skyrim at the moment and I agree with you. It really highlights all the flaws in Zelda and reveals it as a "baby's first open world game" experience.

Soldato
I'm enjoying skyrim (again) but I don't agree that it's better than zelda. The controls are slightly frustrating and I just found zelda more fun.

I'm playing Skyrim at the moment and I agree with you. It really highlights all the flaws in Zelda and reveals it as a "baby's first open world game" experience.

I’m really hoping they do Fallout 3 and New Vegas for Switch.

Back
Top Bottom