*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Hello Nintendo world,

Today I dived into the land of Switch, currently downloading Zelda (no copies in shops where I live) excitement building.

What a lovely little package the Switch is, couldn’t believe how tiny it is.

I expect most of you guys/girls have completed Zelda already, but please excuse my anticipation for what I think is going to be a really in depth experience! Am I right in building the hype for myself.

Man of Honour
Ultra Street Fighter II is £24.99 in the E-Shop until Feb 15th. I'm really tempted by this especialy as I plan on buying the Hori Hayabusa V Arcade Switch mainly to use on my Gaming Laptop but also when Super smash Bros is finaly realeased. Thing is I've already spent £50 on SF V and Witchers GOTY on steam and Forza Horizon 3 is half price for the next few days.

Have you played smash bros before? It's really not a game that works well on an arcade stick.

Man of Honour
Despite having a backlog of games to play I'm tempted by Forma.8 and Golf Story as they are both on offer at the moment.

Has anyone played them and what are your thoughts about them?

Soldato
Despite having a backlog of games to play I'm tempted by Forma.8 and Golf Story as they are both on offer at the moment.

Has anyone played them and what are your thoughts about them?

I didn't enjoy Golf Story all that much to be honest, the golfing part is very average and the story parts are pretty shallow. If you love golf games then pick it up for sure but otherwise I'd pass or at least wait until a sale.

Associate
I didn't enjoy Golf Story all that much to be honest, the golfing part is very average and the story parts are pretty shallow. If you love golf games then pick it up for sure but otherwise I'd pass or at least wait until a sale.

Offering an alternative view, I'm not a fan of golf at all and I loved the golf mechanics, and the story was well done too. Lots of humour and kept it interesting.

Man of Honour

There is a sale price, that's why I am considering it.

Soldato
I thought Golf Story was fab. I hate golf.

forma.8 is a very slow paced Metroidvania explore and upgrade to progress kind of game. I played it for a good while but never finished it (because I got stuck!). It is a beautiful little game with fantastic visuals and sound. I will go back to it one day.

Soldato
So I'm a massive anime fan.

Anyway, played XC2. I've settled for english voices. I just think the subtitles are a bit annoying given its still handing out the english translation with crap typesetting.. so ur not gaining much from subs. usually in anime u go sub and get a superior translation or at least way less localisation, not the case here. also the in battle cries etc. are a nice touch.

I finished chapter 1 yesterday and the last cut scene was FREAKING EPIC. like HYPE HYPE HYPE now. Honestly everything fit so well, the plot threw like 5 different points in the air! I think this one is a winner, thanks for the reccomendation!

Soldato
So I've managed to lock myself out of my eShop account due to a change in phone and just realising my Google authenticator isnt working. I've fired off an email to support and will get it sorted but in the meantime theres a few discounted games I want in the store which expires tomorrow.

If I set up a new account and log into the eShop with it, will I have access to both my old and new games on the switch?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just bought FIFA18 due to the recent price drop to ~£22 and its a great game. Can't really tell the difference between this and the other versions of the game. I'm not a die hard FIFA fan but it plays brilliantly. Well... apart from your only good player in FUT pulling up with a hamstring injury yards from goal in the first match of the season when you are 1-0 down with 2 minutes to go. :mad:

Soldato
Owlboy is reviewing really well. As is Bayonetta 2 which arrives on Friday!

I'm glad that FIFA is on the Switch and I'd like to give it a go...but I just don't think I'd enjoy it. Last FIFA game I owned was 98 :)

Back
Top Bottom