*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I've still not played more than a few hours. Not sure what it is but just can't get into it. Then again I havent got into any Zelda wince Twilight princess .

Man of Honour
I've still not played more than a few hours. Not sure what it is but just can't get into it. Then again I havent got into any Zelda wince Twilight princess .

Skyward Sword wasn't a great Zelda game and BotW is a different game completely with a Zelda theme so it's understandable if you didn't get on with those even if you're a Zelda fan.

Soldato
I'm OK with it too if they need more time to optimise it. Some of the areas have notoriously bad frame-rates (looking at you Blighttown) it would be great if they could smooth out some of that. Two games in a month was a push for me anyway as I generally only allow myself one game if there's something that I want. Happy to have DK:TF in May :)

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm going to get DK:TF but there is no way I am paying £50 for it. I much prefer having games on digital so I can just switch between them without worrying about cartridges but £50 for a port of a game released a few years ago is a bit rich.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It may not be a new game but it is a new Switch game. I don't mind cartridges and I am OK paying £40 for it. Though I probably wouldn't be buying it now if I'd had a Wii U.

If you ignore the fact its an old game they are porting and lets be honest, I doubt its hard to port from Wii U to Switch then £40 is fine. I just resent huge companies that take a game they have already made and charge full price for it.

Soldato
I think I made a mistake getting a switch. Whilst I appreciate that Zelda/Mario etc are probably enjoyable games for a lot of people I just haven't really clicked with any of them. Suspect I will be putting mine on the MM with less than 20 hours use.

Soldato
Skyward Sword wasn't a great Zelda game and BotW is a different game completely with a Zelda theme so it's understandable if you didn't get on with those even if you're a Zelda fan.

It's not like I don't want to. I've had moment's where I'm really engrossed but it's a bit few and far between . No way am I giving up on it though.

Soldato
I think I made a mistake getting a switch. Whilst I appreciate that Zelda/Mario etc are probably enjoyable games for a lot of people I just haven't really clicked with any of them. Suspect I will be putting mine on the MM with less than 20 hours use.

I think you'll end up wishing you hadn't come summer. Keep it at least until then as the resale value will shoot up.

Caporegime

I finished Zelda but it felt more tech demo than real game, it was amazing but not fun. Mario was very slick but largely too easy and I can’t by bothered to keep going after completing the main story.

Skyrim though has hooked me, it’s brilliant to be able to pick and up and play on a handheld.

Caporegime
So I am firing up Splatoon 2 and remember when I last played I had full on controller disconnects on the right joy con. Well I just did a controller software update and both pro controller and 2 joy cons updated but the right one had a much bigger update. So will see if there is any change...

Man of Honour
So I am firing up Splatoon 2 and remember when I last played I had full on controller disconnects on the right joy con. Well I just did a controller software update and both pro controller and 2 joy cons updated but the right one had a much bigger update. So will see if there is any change...

That update was done ages ago and is fully documented online. It doesn't change the signal.

Caporegime
That update was done ages ago and is fully documented online. It doesn't change the signal.

Well so far I am seeing a definite improvement. Although I did read that the Pro controller can mess with the signal so I also moved that away from the Switch (a good few metres) and so I have no idea if thats helping or not.

Soldato
Why is that? I think I might just sell the games and keep the console. Tbh the main reason I'd keep it is for the next Pokemon game.

well it would go against forum rules to say, but something is planned for the switch this summer and nintendo are launching v2 consoles (revised motherboard) in response to what's going on.
anyone who has a switch now should keep it, as once all the v1 machines are sold the resale value will go up.

Back
Top Bottom