*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Pokemon games have been so consistent over the years I would be shocked if there was any issues with it. The games hare practically identical to the ones released in 1996.

Man of Honour
tbh pokemon is the one game where u dont need to wait for reviews. we will get what its always been.

i hope for the day they actually add a decent AI and tactics to pokemon with a solid difficulty curve
I will only get Pokémon if they make it open world like breath of the wild. I loved red and blue but the series hasn't progressed at all.

Soldato
So who has it on order? I've got shield coming on Friday mainly because I prefer the exclusive gym leaders (Ghost/Poison/Ice) and the legendary.

Caporegime
Got the Pokemon themed Lite landing today with Zelda LA and Luigis Mansion 3. Looking forward to jumping back in after an absence of the best part of 2 years!

Library looks nice and strong right now :)

Soldato
I will only get Pokémon if they make it open world like breath of the wild. I loved red and blue but the series hasn't progressed at all.

they wont do that.

thats like the maximum risk for minimum reward.

also have you not seen the previews of sword and shield? the game is not an unknown quantity at this point, we pretty much know what we're getting. even down to the pokemon.

Man of Honour
they wont do that.

thats like the maximum risk for minimum reward.

also have you not seen the previews of sword and shield? the game is not an unknown quantity at this point, we pretty much know what we're getting. even down to the pokemon.

Yes I have seen the leaks, the series hasn't changed in decades (well this one steps back in a lot of ways) and it's not happening now. Hence me not purchasing it.

You say they won't do that, but if the sales tank one day they probably would. They'd have to scrap the development team though as they have proven with Little Town Hero that even regurgitating decades old Pokemon games are pushing the limits of their capabilities.

I never expected Zelda to go full open-world, but I am sure this will happen one day with Pokemon as the brand is just so perfectly aligned with that style of game.

Soldato
Yes I have seen the leaks, the series hasn't changed in decades (well this one steps back in a lot of ways) and it's not happening now. Hence me not purchasing it.

You say they won't do that, but if the sales tank one day they probably would. They'd have to scrap the development team though as they have proven with Little Town Hero that even regurgitating decades old Pokemon games are pushing the limits of their capabilities.

I never expected Zelda to go full open-world, but I am sure this will happen one day with Pokemon as the brand is just so perfectly aligned with that style of game.

sales wont dip.
zelda wasn't converted to open world due to sales.

btw i agree with u i hope we see a true evolution of the game (i want much higher difficulty and actual tactics) but it wont happen.. if u want that... look for a different game as opposed to trying to change a game into what u want.

Soldato
I hope pokemon is another winner for the switch but ever since it was revealed I can't shake the feeling that its not going to live up to expectations. We may see reviews today

Associate
It looks awesome!

I've not really played pokemon games since gold and silver a few goes here and there over the years on friends.

So looking forward to this!

Will you not buy it at all?
Personally after reading all the negatives for SnS now and Gamefreek mentality towards it I would steer away from it now and buy Lets Go instead.

Associate
Personally after reading all the negatives for SnS now and Gamefreek mentality towards it I would steer away from it now and buy Lets Go instead.

Or just wait two days for real reviews?

There is some negative comments for sure, but the previews have been very positive as well. Making recommendations now is just conjecture.

Back
Top Bottom