*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Am I missing something stupid here in Pokemon Sword? In the wild area and I'm trying to team up with other players to do dynamax battles - there's always quite a few players around a den but every time I search for other players no one appears and I'm always stuck with the NPC players the game fill the slots with?

Associate
Pretty sure my Mrs has bought me a Switch for Xmas! Is it a step up from the Wii U? I'm kinda attached to that, and the back catalogue of Wii games, to be honest!
A real nice step up, play the whole game in handheld or on a TV is amazing, a lot more third party game support which are the actual games and not a different type of game with the same name.
Average to excellent Switch exclusive titles and a couple of the Wii-u games getting ported over.
Why are there currently no special edition consoles available?
Theres been:
Splatoon Edition (joy-con splatoon colour scheme only) - gone
Mario Edition (red joy-cons) - gone
Pokemon Lets go ( joy-con ,dock and switch backcover is Pokemon) - gone
Super Smash bros (same as let-go but super smash bro theme) - gone
Diablo ( same as Pokemon& super smash) - gone
Pokemon Sword and Shield Lite edition - still available

Japan exclusive:
Dragon quest 11(same as Pokemon etc)
Disney tsum tsum

Only way to find the UK ones is by buying pre-owned now or pay premium price for new, the japanese exclusive are at slight premium price on play-asia.

Associate
Pretty sure my Mrs has bought me a Switch for Xmas! Is it a step up from the Wii U? I'm kinda attached to that, and the back catalogue of Wii games, to be honest!
I have both and graphically i think the switch is not very different doesn't feel like a new generation but I don't mind. The switch feels that its what the Wii U should be from the start. It was really sad that the wii u didn't sell because it was a really good console in my opinion and just that it was wii backwards compatible made it even better for me and loved also the eshop it had. The wii u will stay connected on my tv amongst all the other newer consoles.

The switch is actually really good, just the fact that you can play on the go and then plug back to the dock and instantly play on the tv is priceless. It gets a lot of sales vs the wii u and so a lot of 3rd party games are made for it. You would never thing you would be playing the witcher 3, or DOOM 2016 on a portable let alone a Nintendo console!! Even Doom Eternal will get released on the switch!

Remember the switch uses a portable nvidia chip so it has to be efficient etc. Also in my mind the switch is the new PS Vita regarding the indy games. Its an indy game paradise, and being able to play on the go and on tv is a huge bonus.

That being said if you have a ps4 or xbox or even a gaming pc then probably you are better off getting graphically intensive games that are on all consoles probably on one of the other consoles unless you will be playing on the go, but the switch has some great exclusives.

I had loads of fun with
Zelda Breath of The Wild
Zelda Link's awakening
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and its expansion
Octopath Traveler
Azure striker (16bit megaman type game if you know them from the 3ds)
Hollow knight (i know this is everywhere but i got it really cheap on the switch and its handy to play on the go while the tv is occupied)
Wonderboy Dragon's trap
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (full new wonder boy game i spent 30ish hours on it brilliant game)

and i can keep typing games.

Just finished Link's awakening and boy it was really nice. Full of nostalgia since i played it on GB as well but it was worth the money i paid for it.

Lets hope you got a switch for xmas haha.

Soldato
Civ VI expansions coming later today. The game is also 50% off in this sale. £22.49.

Thanks for the reminder. Pricey, but really tempted to pick them up despite really not being in need of more stuff to play :p

Bought way too many Switch games in the second half of this year. Can't keep up!

Pokemon Sword
Link's Awakening
Divinity: Original Sin II
Ori and the Blind Forest
The Witcher 3
Spyro Reignited
New Super Lucky's Tale
Fire Emblem
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Probably won't buy much else this year now though. Maybe Luigi's Mansion 3, and maybe the AC Rebel Collection, as I haven't played Rogue (but then, it'll be a lot cheaper on PC on sale). How's everyone else's list of shame?

Man of Honour
Thanks for the reminder. Pricey, but really tempted to pick them up despite really not being in need of more stuff to play :p

Bought way too many Switch games in the second half of this year. Can't keep up!

Pokemon Sword
Link's Awakening
Divinity: Original Sin II
Ori and the Blind Forest
The Witcher 3
Spyro Reignited
New Super Lucky's Tale
Fire Emblem
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Probably won't buy much else this year now though. Maybe Luigi's Mansion 3, and maybe the AC Rebel Collection, as I haven't played Rogue (but then, it'll be a lot cheaper on PC on sale). How's everyone else's list of shame?

A massive sale just started on the eShop.

Soldato
Has anyone seen a decent price for FFX/X2? I missed it on the digital sale recently.
Best price I can find it for at the moment is £24.99 which doesn't seem to bad but wondered if it was cheaper anywhere else.

Soldato
Christmas shopping list for myself:
Switch 1.1 console (grey)
SoundMagic E10 headphones
128gb SD card - bought in sales a few months ago.
Orzly screen protector
Orzly hard carry case - looks good for a tenner.
Zelda breath of the wild - should be a good game to start with.

Last edited:
Associate
Christmas shopping list for myself:
Switch console (grey)
SoundMagic E10 headphones
128gb SD card - bought in sales a few months ago.
Orzly screen protector
Orzly hard carry case - looks good for a tenner.
Zelda breath of the wild - should be a good game to start with.
Have you looked into the new model, not the lite but the one with the new battery? Hopefully that goes down in sale again. It looks pretty promising with the advertised extra hours battery life

Soldato
Yes that's the only original switch available now, I'm getting it from John Lewis I have a £100 gift voucher to use up. I was going to get the lite due to not being able to afford the bigger one, but I would have been very happy with the lite.

Back
Top Bottom