*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Anyone buy GTA definitive edition on Switch, how are you finding it?

I bought if and it's an absolutely **** port, I have seen plenty of crappy games over the years but this has to go down as the worst remasters I've ever seen. Upscaled PS2 graphics that has severe frame rate issues on the Switch, PS5, Series X and even some have reported frame rate drops on a 3080 Ti for gods sake.

I wanted it portable and the performance is horrific, hell even Crysis 2 or 3 on the Switch look light years better and still able to maintain a pretty much locked 30fps while this GTA remaster struggles to even hit 30fps and has constant frame drops between 20/30fps (that's all 3 versions), it's absolutely unacceptable for a 20yr old upcalped game, and graphically it looks worse as some of the baked shadows under the car on the PS2 no longer exist on the Switch so it looks like the car is floating. I'd rather they ported the PS2 game, updated the controls so I could have a locked 60fps on a Switch.

How in the hell can you have a stunning looking game like Forza Horizon 5 on a current gen console in performance mode staying at a locked 60fps at 4K while this ugly looking PS2 game can barley even hit that constantly and drops frames constantly. This game needs pulling from every platform ASAP.

Nice review of it here rom Digital Foundry and it's not a good review.

Soldato
I bought if and it's an absolutely **** port, I have seen plenty of crappy games over the years but this has to go down as the worst remasters I've ever seen. Upscaled PS2 graphics that has severe frame rate issues on the Switch, PS5, Series X and even some have reported frame rate drops on a 3080 Ti for gods sake.

I wanted it portable and the performance is horrific, hell even Crysis 2 or 3 on the Switch look light years better and still able to maintain a pretty much locked 30fps while this GTA remaster struggles to even hit 30fps and has constant frame drops between 20/30fps (that's all 3 versions), it's absolutely unacceptable for a 20yr old upcalped game, and graphically it looks worse as some of the baked shadows under the car on the PS2 no longer exist on the Switch so it looks like the car is floating. I'd rather they ported the PS2 game, updated the controls so I could have a locked 60fps on a Switch.

How in the hell can you have a stunning looking game like Forza Horizon 5 on a current gen console in performance mode staying at a locked 60fps at 4K while this ugly looking PS2 game can barley even hit that constantly and drops frames constantly. This game needs pulling from every platform ASAP.

Damning review!

Does look very poor port wise

Associate
They did port it to the unreal engine, but the performance no matter the platform is still extremely bad for the visuals your getting. Absolutely no excuse why a PS5 or Series X should struggle for a start.

How can you have something like Dying Light on the Switch which runs pretty well overall while looking very good then there is GTA which still looks like a PS2 game with high res textures and better lighting while managing to perform horribly.

Soldato
Yeah just watched the DF video. That's pretty poor. I'm surprised Rockstar let that happen. Surely they would have some say in the final product?

That rain effect is atrocious. Think I'll hold off to see if things get fixed or just wait till it drops in price.

Soldato

Yeh looks pretty shocking going to cancel and play Vice City on mobile lol.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah just watched the DF video. That's pretty poor. I'm surprised Rockstar let that happen. Surely they would have some say in the final product?

Of course they did and they thought they could get away with it. Games companies are like any other company once they grow to a certain size. If they could slap you in the face and just take your money they would.

Soldato

That rain effect is atrocious. Think I'll hold off to see if things get fixed or just wait till it drops in price.

They let it happen because Rockstar make enough money now to not care anymore and get lazy.

They have been getting a lot of bad press over the pass few months and all they do is shrug their shoulders and carry on with their bad practices.

Back
Top Bottom