No Mans Sky - NEXT

Soldato
Soldato
OP
How funny. You can literally find compilation videos of him lying during interviews on YouTube, but yeah, those lies were unfounded :rolleyes: Are you getting paid to defend Hello Games?

Your statement about all features now being in the game doesn't deal with the fact that they weren't on release, which was the entire issue in the first place. You can't use that as an argument to defend the release. It should never have been released as a full price game then. It could have gone early access and have been cheaper, or release delayed.

The thing that bugs me here is that I took the time to formulate a response in this thread and you totally dismissed everything I said by cherry picking two things to rage about because you can’t take the fact that it’s true and some of us feel annoyed by it. If it really was all a load of rubbish and people weren’t mislead, why did everything implode on release? Did the people that were voicing their issues just make it all up? Because there sure as heck were a lot of people speaking up about what a disappointment it was at launch. And it took a very long time for the game to even become close to what was promised. And now that a new update is out two years later people are saying that we should just forget everything that was and pick it up because now it’s what it should have been. And the price we pay is £40 if you purchase it on Steam and the Xbox One? Nope, sorry but that’s rubbish!

Do you agree that the game should still be full price two years later after all the issues on release? Whether you agree with them or not, you cannot brush aside the backlash and say it was unwarranted.

Ok list the lies without just linking a video, i'll wait..

The game is worth the money because it has plenty of hours worth of content..

The launch was rocky, true.. mainly because of issues with some PC hardware and PS4 crashes.. Mostly caused by the publisher pushing a small company too far.

Sean Murray very openly downplayed many of the points people claim he said.. Like when asked about multiplayer he didn't outright say, "Yes of course there is multiplayer", he said along the lines of.. yes in a way, the universe is shared amongst the people, but is far too big to ever come in to contact with anyone..

The people who sank the game are the same people who lynch mob anything they deem to be lynch worthy.

Soldato
he launch was rocky, true.. mainly because of issues with some PC hardware and PS4 crashes.. Mostly caused by the publisher pushing a small company too far.

Sean Murray very openly downplayed many of the points people claim he said.. Like when asked about multiplayer he didn't outright say, "Yes of course there is multiplayer", he said along the lines of.. yes in a way, the universe is shared amongst the people, but is far too big to ever come in to contact with anyone..

There's a video of 2 streamers sitting in the same location on the same planet on release day, without being able to see each other. He didn't exaggerate, he lied plain and simple. That being said, in its current state the game is worth it for those who know what it offers.

Associate
I preordered the game and thoroughly enjoyed it, however there's no denying the sheer amount of misinformation:

I'm pleased Hello Games are trying to amend their mistakes, although not everyone will give them the benefit of the doubt, which is perfectly understandable.

Last edited:

Why don't you find a video of the lies and disprove them, as we don't need to convince you that the truth is the truth. Everyone can see it but you so why don't you show us people who can see the lies, show us how they weren't lies given you're the one arguing that point

Last edited:
Man of Honour

The launch was rocky, true.. mainly because of issues with some PC hardware and PS4 crashes.. Mostly caused by the publisher pushing a small company too far.

The people who sank the game are the same people who lynch mob anything they deem to be lynch worthy.

You are defending it like only a parent could - and trying to turn the complaints onto the complainers when many complaints were validated post launch.

Soldato

“Will I be able to play with other players”.

“Yes”

Yep, that wasn’t a lie, because it’s now going to be properly possible almost two years later and they’re making a big deal about something that should have worked from the start!

“Can I land on an asteroid?”

“Yes you can”

“Can I destroy fleets and space stations?”

“Yep, you can do that if you want”

“Possibility of flying between solar systems”

“You can do that, although nobody has done it yet”

All were not possible in the release of the game.

I’m just paraphrasing a few from a gigantic list on Reddit. But yeah, he didn’t lie. There were no lies. The people thinking that there were lies is a lie in itself!

Here’s the thread, although you’ll probably just deny it exists!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/

Soldato
I’d also like to add that I would like to eventually play the game after this release. But I followed the game before launch and was worried it was too ambitious a project and didn’t pre-order on that basis, and was left disappointed in not only how the release was handled, but how HG went completely quiet after launch for almost a month before addressing the issues and actually issuing something close to an apology. I do not feel that the studio or the publisher deserve to get £40 from me, and as I’ve said many times already, I think it’s utter rubbish that they still have it up on Steam for the full release price after two years. I know you can get it from key sites etc, but even they have bumped up the price in anticipation of the Next update.

The fact that it’s still a full price title shows me what HG actually think of gamers. That we’re mugs and that we’ll pay whatever they ask us to.

They’re not the only ones. Rockstar with RDR2 and the preorder is rubbish. Activision with whatever regurgitated COD edition they’re onto now. Until people make a stand in situations like this, it’s just going to carry on. You defending them makes it worse.

Soldato
Just wait long enough and you'll be able to pick it up cheap again. Still waiting for it to be £5 or so.

Yeah me too, waiting for under £10. I’m afraid that’s all I can justify spending on the game given the circumstances. I’m in no rush. I’ve got plenty of other games to play.

Soldato
I’d also like to add that I would like to eventually play the game after this release. But I followed the game before launch and was worried it was too ambitious a project and didn’t pre-order on that basis, and was left disappointed in not only how the release was handled, but how HG went completely quiet after launch for almost a month before addressing the issues and actually issuing something close to an apology. I do not feel that the studio or the publisher deserve to get £40 from me, and as I’ve said many times already, I think it’s utter rubbish that they still have it up on Steam for the full release price after two years. I know you can get it from key sites etc, but even they have bumped up the price in anticipation of the Next update.

The fact that it’s still a full price title shows me what HG actually think of gamers. That we’re mugs and that we’ll pay whatever they ask us to.

They’re not the only ones. Rockstar with RDR2 and the preorder is rubbish. Activision with whatever regurgitated COD edition they’re onto now. Until people make a stand in situations like this, it’s just going to carry on. You defending them makes it worse.

Yeah It's not HG but Sony who dictates price.

Will play it again once the DLC is released. I did enjoy the game and came cheap as chips with Humble Bundle.

Soldato
Sony has no control over the Steam price. It's down to Hello Games, since they self published it.

The PS4 version has been cheap for a while. Again, showing that 'Sony' isn't inflating the cost.

Soldato
Yeah It's not HG but Sony who dictates price.

Will play it again once the DLC is released. I did enjoy the game and came cheap as chips with Humble Bundle.

As already pointed out, if you look at the Steam page, it's developed and published by Hello Games. Sony have nothing to do with the price on Steam. It's purely from a greed perspective that it's still a full-price game after two years and a terrible launch. It's utter rubbish and I cannot believe that a studio can try it on like that with no backlash from the gaming community.

Man of Honour
"With us,” Murray continued, “when you're on a planet, you can see as far as the curvature of that planet. If you walked for years, you could walk all the way around it, arriving back exactly where you started.

Technically a lie - though you might return the same point on the sphere what you return to as per the release game would be nothing like where you started from (except in some cases for a tiny bit around your ship which seems to be persistent) - you only have to walk for a couple of minutes and back from any one spot or take off and land again and the terrain and locations is regenerated again randomly.

Slightly changed now with bases, etc. but only in the exception of circumstances.

Soldato
As already pointed out, if you look at the Steam page, it's developed and published by Hello Games. Sony have nothing to do with the price on Steam. It's purely from a greed perspective that it's still a full-price game after two years and a terrible launch. It's utter rubbish and I cannot believe that a studio can try it on like that with no backlash from the gaming community.

While I mostly agree and actually think that this game is a total bore fest, the fact that they are still pushing out major free updates so long after release should be commended and supported and probably the reason why it remains priced as it is.

Yes the release was botched, yes there were too many lies told and yes the game didn't resemble anything like what was advertised but Steam refunds exists for such things so no-one should be complaining about being out of pocket and its now so long after release that surely its time to acknowledge what effort the devs have put in to correct the mistakes made.

As an outsider looking inwards their behaviour since release seems to be nothing but exemplary and completely focused on adding and changing the product for the better, by all accounts its a completely different beast today than it was then. Compare that to the most popular games from EA, Activision Blizzard and Ubi and what you get is a cash grab economy with the odd game buried in there somewhere. Suppose what I'm saying is surely it's time to move on from the release lies and look at how they have behaved since?

People continue to blight Hello games with "I'm never trusting them again" yet still continue to buy and pre-order games from the AAA sphere, continue to be stung buy the garbage spewed out by them and then do it again....I just don't understand.

Man of Honour
Yeah their support since as far as it has gone many developers/publishers fall far short on - they even did some overlooked things like some serious CPU optimisations very shortly after launch.

Personally I'm not so bothered about the lies and misleading aspects in that I went in with my eyes open to that - its just how underwhelming compared to the potential so much of it was such as they way things come to life around you like an amusement park in a very obvious fashion.

Back
Top Bottom