1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Atlas23, Jun 10, 2014.

1. BGGLP

Gangster

Played this for probs about 25 hours when got it last year after all the updates for a tenner. Whilst I was really impressed with the visuals and the vision I found all the planets to be pretty much the same. Needs way more variation between flora and fauna as gets really boring once the initial novelty wears off.

2. satchef1

Mobster

3. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

They’re certainly committed.

4. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

5. robj20

Sgarrista

Still not got any further than warping for the first time.

6. DAIR

Sgarrista

So I've recently started playing this again. Iirc I hadn't touched it since 2017.

I have to admit that I'm really impressed with all the changes HG have made. Compared to when I last played, this new version makes NMS feel like a new game!

Really looking forward to seeing what Beyond has instore for us.

7. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

Indeed, it’s a much better game now obviously. Still not amazing by all means, but it’s very enjoyable.

I just finished 100% achievements the other day, finally got to the center on my Permadeath game.

8. justbeats

Mobster

Have always been intrigued by this, and often tempted, but there just seem to be more negative than positive comments about it...

9. Suicidal Ferret

Gangster

Most of the complaints are from people who barely played it, or cba to even make the first warp jump

10. Suicidal Ferret

Gangster

The community has just paid for a billboard opposite hello games. They are putting a thank you message on it.

People don't do that for bad games.

11. roman59

Wise Guy

PsVr patch coming for it this summer too :)

Cheers All

12. Steedie

Man of Honour

This is absolutely bonkers

"Thank you for messing up one of the most hyped games ever, pushing away most of your original user base and taking over 2 years to get it to a state that is even remotely close to what was originally promised. Good job"

This is why studios do what they do, because they can release utter rubbish and patch it all later and people go and buy billboards to say thanks.

13. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Better than not patching it up later

14. Steedie

Man of Honour

Absolutely, I commend them for the job they've done but this sends the message that developers can release games before they are ready and just sort it later on and customers will reward you for it

15. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

If you think about it. This game has taken just as long as star citizen if not longer to make

16. Emlyn_Dewar

Capodecina

It doesn't send any message, other than that the community are thankful for the work HelloGames have put in.
    They turned the disaster round, most others would have taken the money and ran.

17. Robdav

Wise Guy

Haven't touched this since launch. In fact got rid pretty much straight away when it wouldn't run on my AMD rig.

I am tempted to pick it up for the Xbox but still don't think I could justify the full price so any deals out there?

18. Emlyn_Dewar

Capodecina

In the past there has typically been sales leading up to a big update, and one is coming very soon. Keep an eye on the store.