No more grid girls.

Associate
Well done feminists, you managed to get a load more guys to hate you.
They've got a load more women to hate them too.

Any women that might be involved in the beauty or modelling industry will now be worrying if they are next.

Boxing is surely next with the ring girls being dispensed with. Perhaps they'll have a little drone fly about the ring or a mascot in a bumble bee suit.

Soldato
It was a completely harmless practice that added some character to what is otherwise a very technical and charmless sport.

I'll continue to watch it, but then I'm not the younger generation that F1 is so utterly failing to engage with.

My thoughts on this are the same, it was traditional and utterly harmless. Can't say I've ever seen anyone complain about them. F1 has far more pressing issues than grid girls to worry about!

Soldato
So they've made F1 99.999% male, that's really helped gender equality

Needs a bit of sexual discrimination to allocate roles to females in the technical roles. I'm sure the teams will be lining up to kick guys out in favour of women when they see the logic and benefits.

Associate
Needs a bit of sexual discrimination to allocate roles to females in the technical roles. I'm sure the teams will be lining up to kick guys out in favour of women when they see the logic and benefits.
And therein lies the truth about "equality". It's not really about getting more women into these roles. It's just about removing men, usually white men.

Soldato
I bet the feminists never asked them what they thought about it.

The only thing they have achieved it putting other women out of work, this is well paid work too.

Permabanned

The only thing they have achieved it putting other women out of work, this is well paid work too.

Yes im sure the streets will now be full of homeless unemployed sports models.

They will get another gig very easily, its one event a year out of hundreds that they do... these people aren't short of job opportunities.

Soldato
I'm mixed on this, on the one hand the women were doing that job by choice but there is something entirely archaic about the dozens of women lining up the walls to clap the 'all conquering men' on the way up to the podium. The problem for me lies in the grassroots of F1 (and engineering as a whole I suppose), it's such a male dominated environment that many women will be put off even trying to prove themselves in that world - if changes like this help more women feel comfortable about getting involved in the sport on merit then I'm all for it.

Associate

Feminists are communists. They don't care about that, they assume that these women are grossly overpaid for what they "produce". For the moment, with this still being a capitalist economy, they are just intent on taking a wrecking ball to everything.

Associate

They will get another gig very easily, its one event a year out of hundreds that they do... these people aren't short of job opportunities.
So that makes it okay?
You're implying that feminists will not be gunning for other modelling jobs. Boxing's ring girls, cheerleaders, drinks promoters, booth babes.

Soldato

Yea except all those roles are vanishing, the Darts girls went last week.

These models can get £1000s a showing at these big events.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yea except all those roles are vanishing, the Darts girls went last week.

Except they’re not really are they. I’ve been to numerous exhibits this year around the world for technology products as part of my work... hot birds wearing nothing everywhere you turn.

They aren’t going out of work anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom