• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

No Pre Order or Official UK Price on the GTX 1080

I think my plan of a gigabyte Xtreme is out the window now and I will hope that Zotac or another brand bring out something ok at the $599 point.

PLEASE let there be something better than that GALAX card at the $599!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my plan of a gigabyte Xtreme is out the window now and I will hope that Zotac or another brand bring out something ok at the $599 point.

PLEASE let there be something better than that GALAX card at the $599!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be seen DEAD with that thing, even the box!!! :eek:

:p

Late reply but I didnt say that I was surprised or angry by the 1080 price,
I was just trying to emphasize its value in comparison to the fury x

I prefer cards to be around 500 so it was a stretch to pay 600 for the fury x,
but that was a special case compared to the 1080

- AMDs first new card since the 290x in 2013

- Massively hyped for monthes prior including deceptive " overclockers dream " statement

- HBM memory which was touted to be revolutionary and the industry would rush
to catch up with this breakthrough

- AMD were struggling at the time, low market share of under 20% and some were
doubting whether they would survive. I got suckered into the pro amd atmosphere
and wanted to support the company

- First single card to come with an AIO liquid cooler as standard, which 295x2
used to great success

Can you see the difference between this and the GTX 1080 ?

Also " its better than 980Ti so it should cost more " is a good argument from a logical perspective, but its not how technology / electronics typically works.
Otherwise graphics cards would have gotten consistently more expensive in a more or less linear pattern since the 1980s

Late reply but I didnt say that I was surprised or angry by the 1080 price,
I was just trying to emphasize its value in comparison to the fury x

I prefer cards to be around 500 so it was a stretch to pay 600 for the fury x,
but that was a special case compared to the 1080

- AMDs first new card since the 290x in 2013

- Massively hyped for monthes prior including deceptive " overclockers dream " statement

- HBM memory which was touted to be revolutionary and the industry would rush
to catch up with this breakthrough

- AMD were struggling at the time, low market share of under 20% and some were
doubting whether they would survive. I got suckered into the pro amd atmosphere
and wanted to support the company

- First single card to come with an AIO liquid cooler as standard, which 295x2
used to great success

Can you see the difference between this and the GTX 1080 ?

Also " its better than 980Ti so it should cost more " is a good argument from a logical perspective, but its not how technology / electronics typically works.
Otherwise graphics cards would have gotten consistently more expensive in a more or less linear pattern since the 1980s

Yes but the price of the Fury x was stupid because AMD did have competition and most of the custom 980Tis were the same price or cheaper and were faster, and had more vram. Even a hybrid 980Ti was barely much more.

The Fury X price literally made little sense.

The 1080 price is just Nvidia trying to make as much money as possible whilst they have zero competition which is sort of fair enough.

I wont be buying a 1080 at this current price though.

Overclockers seem to be the most expensive, checked 4 competitors and the editions are all £619, even the asus is on 2 of them.

We're already going to be getting fleeced by nvidia why even more of a fleecing from Oc :(. Will be buying elsewhere.

I think will see all the good custom card priced at £600-£750, but hope not for the folks that want them.

Just glad i did not get shut of the tx as i had my eyeballs removed by nvidia last time round.

Heard i few folks saying about the next titan will have hbm but the ti will not, i think thats spot on and a way of keeping the titan just above the ti.

Heard that the consumer titan for gamers won;t have HBM2, just the professional version will. Nvidia has never said anywhere there will be a Ti version,

Also seen it will come in 16gb memory minimum as well.

That will not be cheap!

Perhaps the 1080 will be the gamer/enthusiast high end card and hence why its priced where it is?

Heard that the consumer titan for gamers won;t have HBM2, just the professional version will. Nvidia has never said anywhere there will be a Ti version,

That will not be cheap!

Perhaps the 1080 will be the gamer/enthusiast high end card and hence why its priced where it is?

They never said there would be a 980ti version either, and yet there it was about 12 months on from the 980 launch.

That will not be cheap!

I'm pretty definite GP100 won't be used for gaming given the GP104 specs. There may be a a consumer version at some point aimed at a mature GPGPU. The rumored GP102 is the likely Titan and 1080ti chip. A 384bit GDDR5X interface will be plenty for this generation and means nvidia avoid any complexity with HBM2 which still seems in its infancy.

Back
Top Bottom