no to X-Factor getting Xmas number 1

Soldato
I did it last year, but I'm not buying in every year. It was fun once, people made a point (whatever that point was), try not to drive it into the ground.

Soldato
There are already 100's of Facebook groups trying to do this, so nice try Paul, but it will never work again. The point was made, it's been done, it can't be done again and to even attempt it would defeat the point of it all in the first place. No one cares, move along.

Plus what's with all the X-Factor hate? You know you all watch it because it makes for great telly. Last year was not a campaign against this so called "bad music" but rather a dig at the system, hence the choice of band/song. The people who are in the charts are there because people buy the records, it's that simple, get over it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'd go for Jump In My Car by David Hasselhoff - it's pure genious, has an awesome video, and didn't make no 1 first time round.

I'm sure you could get (as much as I'm not his biggest fan) Scott Mills to back it too if you got the publicity :D

The Looking For Freedom campaign :cool:

I think that is the greatest music video i've ever seen.

Caporegime
Pointless in doing it again.

Christmas no.1s have lost their meaning. Doing it by voting online for a song, or by a tv show. Regardless its all the same.

Soldato
Do you think people buy the song because it's from X Factor? I buy music based on the individual tracks merits if I am buying singles. I couldn't care less who is behind it or how much money they make.

Caporegime
Given the amount of people who vote for the winners, yes I do think people buy a song because it's from xfactor :p

Indeed. After however many hours spent watching and however many premium rate phone calls to vote for people along the way, people are seriously invested. They are compelled to buy the single, as to not do it would be to admit that everything leading up to it had been a waste of tome and money. It's marketing through conditioning, and for a lot of people it would present serious cognitive dissonance to get that far and then not buy the single.

Back
Top Bottom