NomNomNomNom...

Man of Honour
OP
Apparently cpu0 runs hotter than cpu1 on these, cpu0 is the one on the right, so although I know that theoretically a loop stabilises in temp over time, I always feel in my water that the first component in the loop after the pump gets cooled more.

I was going to go into cpu1 first (the left cpu) so go:

Pump/res -> cpu1 -> pwm -> cpu0 -> chipset -> rad -> Pump/res

But now I think:
Pump/res -> cpu0 -> cpu1 -> chipset -> pwm -> rad -> Pump/res

Man of Honour
OP
Not my figures but others who are running SR-2's

At peak, no GPU's around 570W and with a P2686 or P2692 160K PPD = 280 PPD/W :D

On the flip side, folding P6701 around 60K PPD = 105 PPD/W :(

Weebeastie with a 970 and 4 GTX470s hits 100K with a P2686 and 4 P6811's but eats around 1200W = 83 PPD/W :o

Give weebeastie a P6701 however and that drops to 72K = 60 PPD/W :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Question!

I was researching a possible SR-2 system and I started off looking for a case, when I came across this article: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1324/1/

The case is nothing special but they're prototypes, but that is an aside. What I want to know is what the hell have they got cooling the two Xeons! Never seen anything like them before... :eek: [second picture]

They shiny!

Man of Honour
OP
Heh true, I'm actually surprisingly pleased with the PC-P80, its much different in the flesh to the pics. Hard to describe really, you don't notice the "hump" so much which I found inelegant in the pics.

Soldato
Was looking at the V2120 but hate the door! Bloody stupid idea. Not that it should matter, it will be living in the attic! :p

I think I need to switch off my sense of aesthetics while speccing this build!

Soldato
Hmm, I would believe you Biff if it wasn't for the seriously sexy water blocks you have on yours! :p

There's a point - I have no experience with building my own WC. Any recommendations on what kit? I would mirror what you have bought but I have a budget to think about [will likely be starting out on air too].

Man of Honour
OP
compared to the rest of it the WC stuff is a drop in the ocean :) You could just throw two H70's at it, thats what some guys do.

The niceness of the inside of mine is for me to know :) Its not that blingy for WC stuff really, you could go blingier :eek:

Soldato
Just wondering how the hell I would squeeze two H70s into a case! I had a mission trying to find a good place for my H50s in both my machines! :p

Is an excellent idea, though I am wondering if £140 would be better spent towards a proper loop. Argh. Too many ideas not enough money! :(

Soldato
Yeah i would be tempted to bung in 2 x h70 but if your spending a pretty penny then you'll forever be...."what if i had bought a proper loop"....go the extra mile you can do it sah :)

Soldato
I know absolutely nothing about WC in terms of pricing, so it could be that £140 on two H70s is an absolute bargain compared to what I will need to spend on a WC loop to cool two Xeons.

Back
Top Bottom