North Korea threatens US with a pre-emptive nuclear strike.

Man of Honour
Rodman says the guy isn't a proper crazy guy maybe he's not all bad and things will slowly change

KJU is instigating quite a lot of reforms at the minute (He is trying to increase their tourism and has opened up a lot more of the country and made the mobile network open to foreigners).

He's still his fathers son but I think improvement is possible, especially with more open engagement with the country. It's a bit like Berdimuhamedow after Niyazov in Turkmenistan, he's still a dictator but nowhere near as bad as his predecessor.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
the chinese are getting sick of them now..they want North korea as a buffer between them and south korea, but it wont work if the North continually provoke everybody. they warned them not to do the last nuclear test and they took no notice..so as a direct result of that China have agreed with the US for the next round of sanctions

Permabanned
So we have some exciting 'Breaking News' to watch on Sky News and also give us the chance to become armchair generals and discuss it on internet forums of course.

Two countries flinging Nuclear Weapons at each other is not the kind of 'breaking news' I wish to see.....thanks.

*EDIT*

Wait a damn minute...

"An unidentified spokesman for Pyongyang's Foreign Ministry says the North will exercise its right for "pre-emptive nuclear strikes on the headquarters of the aggressors"."

So basically Sky got some info from an anonymous (possibly even fictional) source and now all the news outlets are doing a Chinese whispers /facepalm

Important part of thread ^^^^^^

Associate
The problem is thou that while it is a lot of rhetoric, they have demonstrated that they have nuclear bombs (however crude) and are working on missiles to shoot them with. Pre-nuclear NK could say what it wanted and everyone would just laugh it off for the most part. Once you have them thou it's a different ballgame. I suspect that there is a deep dark secret list that most nations keep as to exactly how far they will be threatened by nuclear armed opponents. Step over that line and your removed from the map. The bad part of me is kind of hoping that NK will push things too far and have themselves removed. I would be curious as to what a proper ICBM could really do. The sad thing is that the situation is so extreme that there likely is no other way out than some form of war. The only thing anyone can really hope for is that SK doesn't take too much damage. I really like my Samsung flatscreen dammit:mad:

Back
Top Bottom