North Korea threatens US with a pre-emptive nuclear strike.

Soldato
Soldato
A massive military that will collapse when tested. A US backed South Korea would win any conflict but the price would be high.

Exactly this, some of the comments in here are idiotic. In any sort of conflict South Korea would suffer serious damage, regardless of nukes being involved or not.

Further, let's not forget NK also, (to some extent), managed to launch a satellite into orbit a couple of months ago.

Sure, they may lack resources, have outdated tech etc etc but they are perfectly capable of causing a mess locally.

Perfect "boy who cries wolf" scenario, NK are going to do something stupid one day and people will be slow to react after so many "empty" threats.

But yeah, any capability of targeting missiles at long-range targets (eg. U.S.A) (which they may have) is also widely inaccurate and/or unreliable.

Man of Honour
Kim Jong Chubby is just trying to make himself look like he's in charge to the people of NK.

paperlookup.gif

And Jong Il wasn't?!

Man of Honour
This is quite clearly all posturing, I don't think they're a real threat nor would they be foolish enough to effectively wipe themselves out by doing something idiotic like attacking another country.

V F

V F

Soldato
Two countries flinging Nuclear Weapons at each other is not the kind of 'breaking news' I wish to see.....thanks.

You mean experience... if that was to happen, that stuff drifts. Think of the contamination through everything. From country to country.

Caporegime
Considering the amount of anti-missile capability in the pacific at the moment...

I do not care, this is all wonderful for American news channels though, they can move on from the big bad sequester bull.

J.B

J.B

Soldato
interesting development this morning, the North have cut off their hotline and closed thier border. In the last few weeks I thought they were just mouthing off but now I'm thinking they will actually shoot first.
Maybe this whole time they have shied away from a boots on the ground army, waiting for a missile delivery system to be perfected.
This won't be WW3 though, its going to be all against NK. I guess the tricky thing is how do you respond, in what magnitude. if the south and US want to go preemptive they will probably **** off a lot of nations.

Soldato
NK would be absolutely flattened in a war. The US is incredibly strong when it comes to conventional warfare. The reason they have trouble in Afghanistan etc is because it's asymmetrical warfare.

However, NK would be able to cause a huge amount of damage to South Korea first.

Back
Top Bottom