Noteworthy Cars for Sale [Appreciation Thread]

Associate
Always surprised how much more expensive cars are in LHD Europe.
I reckon insurance will be quite high given the high presence of "individual" pieces in it at insane replacement prices. Whilst hardly desirable enough to be stolen, I reckon people would stare in disgust and probably crash into you. :D

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Looks like the same person spec'd a TTRS :(

LTpqhm7.jpeg

KarqHAp.jpeg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Looks like the lad who bought my R8.

Lowered it, painted the wheels black. Replaced the perfect black Recaro buckets with bright red versions with the lumpy bits of those TT ones, big wing on the back and noisy exhaust then sold it. His car so up to him but looked a real step down to me.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: mjt
Man of Honour
28986927950-f8f50c19ca-o.jpg

To
IMG-8516.webp

And

IMG-8515.webp

From
17807604-1692384974387810-4805454984244358739-o.jpg

Each to their own of course, his motor to do with as he wanted, but preferred it as it was.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been a while since I thought about the 300zx. Didn't realise they appreciated as much as they have as I always thought most people hated them. How I wish I brought one when I was younger :(
To be fair the majority for sale are under £10kish and look just awful compared to this one.

My dad had one in red from new when we were growing up, so always had a bit of nostalgia for me.

I think people are coming back round to them now, they certainly look of the era in a good way!

I think servicing costs could be quite high, apparently they were tricky to work with due to space limitations under the hood.

But considering the power, I checked out of interest, insurance would only be like £20 a month

Caporegime
Soldato
My dad currently has a very late first generation 300ZX, and a very early second generation (i.e. the one posted above) 300ZX sitting in his garage / shed. So late / early that they've got the same registration year as each other. Hasn't driven either of them for probably ten years. They were in decent nick when they went in there, but Lord knows what they're like now.

But it's a struggle to get him to think about selling them. Although he does keep mentioning wondering whether whatsisname off Bangers and Cash would be interested. But then doesn't do anything about actually contacting them.

Soldato
Soldato
@geekman

Got posted in our local facebook page

I love the colour and the plate is probably worth a bit of money, but when he says "will require assistance to get started" he probably means it's been sitting for ages, which means it's practically worthless unfortunately. When they haven't run for a while you can be pretty sure it'll need the hydraulic system rebuilding, which even here at Mexican labour rates is vastly expensive. Then once that's working, you can be pretty sure other issues will rear their heads as well.

I can see it's in Spain so he might get lucky and find someone locally who really wants one and doesn't want to go through the hassle of shipping etc but even that is unlikely.

Agreed. Worth probably only around £10k-£15k and I bet he wants £25k for it

I wouldn't even give £3k for it. I've bought running, driving ones with MOT for £4-6k

Soldato

Thats strong money for a car that lacked an MOT for the last ~2 years, they are appreciating but certainly not by that amount! I do quite like the 300z mind, but they lack the same appeal of other jdm's of this generation (the Nissan badge is doing a lot of the heavy lifting imo), blame the likes of AdamC for pushing up these along with the god awful chaser.... :p

Back
Top Bottom