NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
Called mini DTX, a little more in height of an ITX:)
usually, DTX requires extra Motherboard standoffs.

Motherboard Support - Mini-ITX, Mini-DTX (Maximum size: 244 x 226mm)

Like the TU150 case from Lian Li
Mini-DTX is much smaller than that - 203 × 170 mm. It's Mini-ITX with enough space for one additional PCI slot beneath.
The motherboard I've got is a shallower mATX, 244 mm x 210 mm. Quite a lot bigger than Mini-DTX. Providing my board fits I'd say that CoolerMaster are really underselling what can fit in this case, but I'm glad they're not trying to advertise it as an mATX case with caveats that it won't fit a spec board - unlike what can be said about Kolink with the Satellite!

Am I right in saying that if you have a GPU wider than two slots (mines 2.5) you're stuffed for using the base as intake? On the Tech Testers video it doesn't even look like you'll get slim fans down there
Yeh looks like if you go with a bigger graphics card you'll struggle with fitting fans underneath. But if you are in that sort of position I'm not sure it's really an issue - the graphics card is going to be pulling in air itself straight from the outside of the case anyway!

Soldato
OP
Am I right in saying that if you have a GPU wider than two slots (mines 2.5) you're stuffed for using the base as intake? On the Tech Testers video it doesn't even look like you'll get slim fans down there

Worst case scenario, Scythe Slip Steam are only 12mm thick. I'll be amazed if they don't fit.

One option is to copy an Ncase favourite solution; deshroud your GPU (or fit a bare heatsink like the Accelero or Morpheus) to allow high CFM case fans to be used (instead of dedicated GPU fans).

Called mini DTX, a little more in height of an ITX:)
usually, DTX requires extra Motherboard standoffs.

Motherboard Support - Mini-ITX, Mini-DTX (Maximum size: 244 x 226mm)

Like the TU150 case from Lian Li

DTX isn't what PinkFloyd is referring to. DTX is quite solidly defined. Micro ATX, on the other hand, isn't. Micro boards go up to 244mm × 244mm. This case only has space for 226mm × 244mm (L×W).

When Kolink launched the Sattelite, they called it a Micro ATX case. But it has limited Micro board support. As a result, it's quite common for people to buy the case and the board, only to find out they aren't compatible. Cooler Master seem to have done the sensible thing here, leaving Micro ATX off the spec sheet and just providing dimensions instead. This isn't a Micro ATX case. But some Micro ATX boards will fit simply through virtue of supporting triple slot GPUs.

Associate
I am not even going to put fans on the bottom of the case,
if the floor is vented well with holes then the normal vacuum from the GPU fans pull air through:)

15mm/20mm thickness fans out there.
Or you could change the case feet with ones of more height & then install fans underneath.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting ideas, good luck getting getting hold of scythe fans though they can't keep up with demand at the moment

I didn't know that about the Ncase idea

I might just let my GPU do the work at first and make sure my next GPU is two slot but it has fan stop so I think dust ingress will definitely be an issue

Associate
Ya, as long the case floor panel got holes then the GPU fans have more air than a lot of cases that don't have Holes & even they do ok

placing fans below intake air to hit the GPU fans:eek:
Less fuss, more room, fewer cables :)

If I did then I would mod taller case feet & place ARGB fans under for the disco desk effect ;)
This could be a future mod.

Inwin A1 done sort of that using Perspex as a case stand with a led strip.

~Let you know I make use of the last post & edit to add extra text, saves starting a new post~
Help cut down on pages, Could be along waiting before we get the case.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ya, as long the case floor panel got holes then the GPU fans have more air than a lot of cases that doesn't have Holes & even them do ok

Less fuss, more room, less cables :)

I would definitely want dedicated intakes eventually, I'm thinking 4 x white P12'S 2 intakes at the bottom and 2 X exhausts at the top once I've got a GPU but initially I'll be using my Vega 56 Pulse which is 2.5 slot

Anyway I'm holding off ordering until SFX PSU are available from ocuk or one other place so I'll just have to lust after all your builds for now

Associate
Wonder how the temps are using the supplied Riser with the glass panel,
there a little gap for air between the glass & GPU, this could be good to have fans at the bottom floor.

Ah, much to test out

Associate
Looking at photos, I reckon with a 2-slot card there will be ~35mm of space between the card and the bottom of the case (assuming the card is horizontal and the third slot is around 20mm). So for me, that means I am going to try to shove in 2x140mm fans with converters to make them fit the 120mm fittings already in the base of the case. On the assumption that works, then an AIO on the side panel and 2 fans as exhaust on the top.

But first I might just try the vertical mount and fans in the bottom with the AIO in the top just to see what the temps are like.

But, as you say @Darren_uk there is lots to test, which is why I bought the case

Associate
Yep, I love a new case to test out & also if needed to improve Upon, modding ;):D

AIO's I not touched since I retired from custom water cooling 2013
if I did then the Arctic liquid freezer II 280 white

Last edited:
Associate
I have an existing corsair unit, and all the fans etc already, so this really is just a (slight) downsize from the Define Nano S.

I basically want to see if I can stuff what I have in that case into this (slightly) smaller enclosure (about 8litres smaller)

Associate
I have been looking into mini itx cases and initially dismissed them due to having to be so careful what gpu you can fit. It appears most are 2 slot only. I know you can find 2 slot cards but it is limiting.

this is the first true 3 slot gpu right?

I was even looking at a nzxt h1 and they looked fun.

Does anyone have a h1 and considering uograding to the cooler master one?

Associate
(1) Been a number of ITX Cases with a 3rd PCI-E Bracket/GPU Slot on the market

(2)Don't think you find many wanting to swap over from the NZXT Hot 1,
They spent £300 on, Also its different kind of case, Warm chimney style.
Also most of the work of the hardware cabling done for them.
for the people who don't want much work to do.

Last edited:
Associate
Tempted to get the parts cheap or used and build one up from spares. I know the rtx3000 series will be out soon so wanted a small build that can take my existing 2080ti and the big pc with the better airflow gets the 3080 etx

Associate
Associate
Lian-Li PC-TU150WA Aluminium Mini-ITX Case - Silver Window I paid £109 when it first rel Order date 10 Oct 2019 13:13:00
I loved the easy quick Rel Panels & being Aluminium

been thinking of getting a White Gigabyte RTX 2070 SUPER, But prices are higher than the black colour version
so may wait for the 3000 Series.

Gigabyte GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER WINDFORCE OC 3X 8G 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD £479

Gigabyte GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING WHITE OC 3X 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD £569

My 5700XT hardware wise is good, but the AMD Software a mess & trouble with 144hz monitor, so forced to using 60hz

Last edited:
Associate
Ah, size be ok of the 3000 series, there be all different sizes again
After the first Rel Editions
It's just the Power requirement be going up & that means more heat inside the case & better PSU needed for some.

Also, ITX cases tend to allow for up to Like 330mm long

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom