NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Lmao, reading some of the comments of this thread

"Kinda tampered" sounds about right ;)
Case Dimensions included prostitutes = How big?

Will do a full review/Build on the case, Maybe if it comes in good time once in stock.

Last edited:
Associate
Looking forward to your build Darren, can you post it in this thread as I would hate to miss it in another thread.

Yep, will post it in this thread, don't think I will be modding this case,
Might do some artwork on the front with the build,
all my other case builds been in the Project logs in the past & present https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...case-modding-hardware-build-project.18880617/
modding so forth.

Hopefully will not have to wait long.
Depends on many factors,
How long to wait, US online places got Sep & if UK/EU get the first stock of Units soon...
how many units will be shipped to OC UK, will there be limited stock & will Pre-orders be on "a first-come, first-served" basis.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Darren_uk

Also looking forward to your build, I've cancelled my pre order for now because I'm unable to get hold of an SF750 but I want to use an eSports duo in the build too and will be nice to know of it'll fit, I almost bought one this afternoon as they in stock elsewhere for the first time in ages and I have a voucher for said elsewhere but I'll hold fire for now

Associate
Ah sorry to hear that mate, Yes very hard to get the SF750w, It's one of the best out there, now places who got it/sellers want almost £200 for one.
I Used many SFX PSU in the past project builds, Silverstone SFX L 500w Gold v1 Silverstone Good PSU with 120mm fan near-silent,
Silverstone SFX 600w Gold Good, not silent under load, Corsair SFX 600w Very Good &

Now Corsair SF750w Best I used so far,
Due to platinum & 0DB fan that only starts up after 350w under load so off most of the time & when starts up, it's so slow of RPM you can't hear it.

Associate
I use an EVGA 650gm sfx unit. They have rocketed in price, but it has not missed a day since purchase. Only gold rated, but is silent under any load at all (in my experience)

Soldato
Ah sorry to hear that mate, Yes very hard to get the SF750w, It's one of the best out there, now places who got it/sellers want almost £200 for one.
I Used many SFX PSU in the past project builds, Silverstone SFX L 500w Gold v1 Silverstone Good PSU with 120mm fan near-silent,
Silverstone SFX 600w Gold Good, not silent under load, Corsair SFX 600w Very Good &

Now Corsair SF750w Best I used so far,
Due to platinum & 0DB fan that only starts up after 350w under load so off most of the time & when starts up, it's so slow of RPM you can't hear it.

Yeah I've read a lot into it the past few days and will be holding out for one, good to know you've had good experiences with it too

Looks like it could be a long wait though which is why I cancelled the case order, big shame really never had this problem with builds before usually you pick your stuff and buy from the place that has the best price, now it's a case of constantly checking places to see if they have stock and paying over the odds, sad times

Associate
@Darren_uk

Also looking forward to your build, I've cancelled my pre order for now because I'm unable to get hold of an SF750 but I want to use an eSports duo in the build too and will be nice to know of it'll fit, I almost bought one this afternoon as they in stock elsewhere for the first time in ages and I have a voucher for said elsewhere but I'll hold fire for now

Even the Esports Duo has gone up in price, when they first launched you could buy the esports 34 Duo 2 fans for £20/25. was cheaper to buy this than buying the BioniX P120 fans on there own.

Now in places want £15/17 just for 1 White BioniX P120

Last edited:
Associate
Are you not maybe over-estimating the space available here?

Good question! I have overlayed a few photos/renders to be able to work out the room available.

To my workings, if you use the provided SFX PSU cage it does have some extra breathing space, so although an ATX PSU is quite a bit longer, it's real-estate for depth in the case is similar if you were to direct mount the ATX PSU to the front panel. Of course, the case would need modifying to hold the PSU and also allow airflow - but it would fit!

On the other hand the 240mm AIO may be a no go... unless you use slim fans. After overlaying it with a photograph of someone elses build, it could well foul the RAM.

NR200-ATX.jpg

Soldato
OP
That's how I assumed you'd get around it.

As a quick heads-up though, the Kraken is 275mm long, not 240mm. And isn't a standard ATX PSU 86mm deep rather than 80?

Will be interesting to see how it works in practice. Assuming the PSU is modular, there's maybe not a lot of space for the connectors.

Last edited:
Soldato
Digging around looking at various reviews and comments on Reddit/r/sffpc. Seems the case includes support for some mATX cases, ended up watching a Chinese video showing the dismantling process which included a list of supported motherboards. Turns out my current motherboard is on the list! I knew my board was smaller than standard mATX spec, but seems hard to believe it will fit. But will be fun to give it a try and means I can play around doing a new build without waiting for the new gfx cards to arrive, so I've pre-ordered! :D

Fingers crossed we're not waiting too long for the pre-orders to come into stock.

Associate
Called mini DTX, a little more in height of an ITX:)
usually, DTX requires extra Motherboard standoffs.

Motherboard Support - Mini-ITX, Mini-DTX (Maximum size: 244 x 226mm)

Like the TU150 case from Lian Li

Last edited:
Soldato
Am I right in saying that if you have a GPU wider than two slots (mines 2.5) you're stuffed for using the base as intake? On the Tech Testers video it doesn't even look like you'll get slim fans down there

Back
Top Bottom