NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
@expr

It won't with either panel. Currently have it installed and tried removing the shroud but it still sticks out past the edge a decent amount. No Side panel on obv now atm.

Thank you for confirming, I was actually thinking of taking the risk and ordering one to test. That's unfortunate. There's a post on reddit with Pure Rock 2 Black (155mm), I am waiting for the OP to confirm whether it presses against the glass panel. I think it would help verify the theory that the TG panel allows ~155/156 mm. Then again the fuma2 is 154,5?! :)

Associate
Something to consider: I was messing around with my NR200 build today and thought I'd measure my Fuma 2. Turns out at the highest point my unit measures 157mm and it does touch the TG panel at 2 points.

I was getting pretty reasonable temps on my 3700X using a Noctua NH-U9S as an intake in a push/pull config (low to mid 60's while gaming). Hanging out for the black Chromax version which Noctua said should be coming out soon. Will probably reinstall this config in the next couple of days and do some proper testing.

Last edited:
Soldato
@munkeenuts

You need to edit your post and delete the reference to the competitor before a mod spots as it's against the rules

What CPU was you using with he NH-U9S?

@expr

Could you let us know what the Reddit user response is please, I'm interested to know if its another option

Do you know about the alpenfohn Brocken Eco Advance? This should fit I've been close to ordering it previously

Associate
Something to consider: I was messing around with my NR200 build today and thought I'd measure my Fuma 2. Turns out at the highest point my unit measures 157mm and it does touch the TG panel at 2 points.
I also wasn't able to get a Fuma 2 in my own country (NZ) so ordered online through an outfit called QuietPC. I think they're based in the UK and shipping was pretty reasonable.

I was getting pretty reasonable temps using a Noctua NH-U9S as an intake in a push/pull config (low to mid 60's while gaming). Hanging out for the black Chromax version which Noctua said should be coming out soon. Will probably reinstall this config in the next couple of days and do some proper testing.

Also interested in what CPU you are using. Also, how did the temperatures vary when switching from exhaust to intake for the cooler (if you tested this).

Associate
Hey all, I've been using this case for some time now and I must say it is amazing, I got the nr200p version because I wanted a riser cable anyway but so far I'm using the mesh side panel, maybe in the future i will switch to the glass panel.
I wanted to make an AMD build with the upcoming rdna2 cards and after 2 bad experiences with water cooling going for air cooling.
So the system specs: 3600xt on a B550 Aorus pro ax, U9S with extra NF A9 for pull for the cooling and for psu the sf750 platinum and as temporary gpu a gtx 1070.
The idle temps 36c and under gaming load around 68c.
The system is under light load dead silent, the U9S is perfect for a case like this, I was worried the included Coolermaster top fans would be very noisy and I had to replace them but so far I am pleasantly surprised by them and I am still using them.
I have to see how noise and temps will be with the new rdna2 cards but I can always add an extra noctua fan for cooling.

Soldato
Hey all, I've been using this case for some time now and I must say it is amazing, I got the nr200p version because I wanted a riser cable anyway but so far I'm using the mesh side panel, maybe in the future i will switch to the glass panel.
I wanted to make an AMD build with the upcoming rdna2 cards and after 2 bad experiences with water cooling going for air cooling.
So the system specs: 3600xt on a B550 Aorus pro ax, U9S with extra NF A9 for pull for the cooling and for psu the sf750 platinum and as temporary gpu a gtx 1070.
The idle temps 36c and under gaming load around 68c.
The system is under light load dead silent, the U9S is perfect for a case like this, I was worried the included Coolermaster top fans would be very noisy and I had to replace them but so far I am pleasantly surprised by them and I am still using them.
I have to see how noise and temps will be with the new rdna2 cards but I can always add an extra noctua fan for cooling.

Hi,

Good temps with the NH-U9S there, is it set to intake from the rear of the case or standard fitment? How are the noise levels from the cooler fans?

Last edited:
Associate
@expr

Could you let us know what the Reddit user response is please, I'm interested to know if its another option

Do you know about the alpenfohn Brocken Eco Advance? This should fit I've been close to ordering it previously

Of course. I'll post as soon as it's confirmed. I'm still waiting for his/her reply though. I've seen posts saying the Alpenfohn Brocken Eco fits, however this cooler is not so popular, so I'm not sure how reliable this information is.

This hunt for the best air cooler (looks, fitment & perfomance), plus waiting for the new Ryzen and RTX is driving me crazy. I might go for 10600k + cryorig h7 + whatever card I get my hands on just to end the suffering.

Soldato
Of course. I'll post as soon as it's confirmed. I'm still waiting for his/her reply though. I've seen posts saying the Alpenfohn Brocken Eco fits, however this cooler is not so popular, so I'm not sure how reliable this information is.

This hunt for the best air cooler (looks, fitment & perfomance), plus waiting for the new Ryzen and RTX is driving me crazy. I might go for 10600k + cryorig h7 + whatever card I get my hands on just to end the suffering.

Cheers, the alpenfohn should fit easily in terms of dimensions but there is always a risk of mounting hardware clashing with VRM etc like the H7 does does on the gigabyte B550i

I've not seen anyone actually running one in this case yet though

There is also the ID Cooling SE 234 RGB but I've seen one Reddit post with the same board as me confirm he couldn't close the glass with it fitted, strange because it's 154mm in height, the Mugen 5 is 154.5mm in height and that fits, I think a lot of this is down to luck and tolerances

Obviously the Noctua NH-U9S is pretty much guaranteed to fit no matter what board you're using but I can't help but continue looking for something else

Associate
I have a NR200P incoming. I already have a GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO motherboard, that unfortunately have a slightly higher CPU location than usual. I have already purchased a NH-U12A for this MB/case combo, but I looks like it's a squeeze to put a top fan in the case with this cooler and the higher CPU position. Now I read about people doing inverted mods to use 240 AIO's in this case. So I was thinking about returning the U12A for a Kraken X53 and do the inverted mod. Any thoughts?

Its easy to do. i did the inverted mod but changed it back.
Spoke to Matteo_Coolermaster on reddit, he said they are looking at the tooling to make it. (Unsure if its to make a seperate inverted case or to make updated revision where they can be swapped from normal to inverted)

Associate
Last we heard the September Order was messed up so we were told October. Its in the later stages now, has anyone heard anything? Been waiting for this case for a while now :( Got a brand new 3080FE that needs a home.

Associate
Good to know, the Noctua slim fans I have the base are far too loud so just making sure while I continue to debate with myself what cooler to get!

Hi Relentless,

I have the Noctua Chromax slim fans on the bottom of the case as intake. I find them noticeable from about 1,000rpm onwards. Actually went into the BIOS this morning to reduce the PWM signal to 40% at low temperatures reaching no more than 60% at high. At 800-900rpm, they are near silent.

Not really much option here though as normal 25mm fans will not fit with the RTX 3080 I have on order.

If I was brave, I would think about de-shrouding the RTX 3080 and using 25mm fans on the base. I will see how I get on with it first before doing anything like that, including under volting to reduce temperatures that way.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Relentless,

I have the Noctua Chromax slim fans on the bottom of the case as intake. I find them noticeable from about 1,000rpm onwards. Actually went into the BIOS this morning to reduce the PWM signal to 40% at low temperatures reaching no more than 60% at high. At 800-900rpm, they are near silent.

Not really much option here though as normal 25mm fans will not fit with the RTX 3080 I have on order.

If I was brave, I would think about de-shrouding the RTX 3080 and using 25mm fans on the base. I will see how I get on with it first before doing anything like that, including under volting to reduce temperatures that way.

Hi mate, problem is I don't want to end up with negative pressure so those slim fans I'm trying to run higher rpm than the arctic P12 exhausts, a quick and easy way of doing this was use the presets in the bios "Silent" for exhaust and "normal" for intake this ensures the intakes run a higher rpm than the exhaust but still far to loud

Manual tweaking needed but I hate setting fcan curves I obsess over them and end up spending too much time on them rather than just gaming

I'm hoping my next GPU will allow for full size fans in the base so I can sell them to be honest

Associate
Hi mate, problem is I don't want to end up with negative pressure so those slim fans I'm trying to run higher rpm than the arctic P12 exhausts, a quick and easy way of doing this was use the presets in the bios "Silent" for exhaust and "normal" for intake this ensures the intakes run a higher rpm than the exhaust but still far to loud

Manual tweaking needed but I hate setting fcan curves I obsess over them and end up spending too much time on them rather than just gaming

I'm hoping my next GPU will allow for full size fans in the base so I can sell them to be honest

I can understand that. I think this was the 10th or so time I have edited the fan curves as I keep going back and tinkering. The case fans are now set to be static all the way to 50c with a slight increase in PWM signal to 70c. I have kept an eye on my GPU and CPU temps while gaming and they are all well under control while keeping the system as quiet as possible.

Although the top case fans will have the greater airflow, with the amount of ventilation on the NR200 I can't imagine it creates much negative pressure at all, so I am not too worried about this. Previous cases I have always opted for positive pressure, but this is mainly just because of dust worries.

Soldato
What's the big fear with negative pressure?
+1 to this. Historically I used to try and keep positive pressure, but running "negative" here and it's great. The old justification was namely around avoiding dust being sucked in through unfiltered holes, but I'm finding the volume of suction produced by the top fans isn't causing dust build up within the case whatsoever. Graphics card is getting a nice clean feed of air from the bottom of the case with it's own fans, and the top fans are just removing heat comfortably even at low RPM.

Soldato
I've always run positive pressure in my builds and never had an issue with dust, after two years my last build had a very fine build up that you had to look closely to even see it and was very easy to clean and that was surfaces like the top of the GPU. The heat sinks for the GPU and CPU cooler had nothing on them that was visible or the fans

Also when the ambient temperature is lower the intake fans supply cool air, more so than with no intake fans. That's my theory anyway, never gotten round to proving it but I can certainly feel the air being sucked in from around the bottom of the case and that air is cooler than inside the case

My GPU fans stop when its not use so there will be negative pressure when the GPU is not in use, the top mounted exhausts will be pulling in unfiltered air from the rear of the case and I'm fairly sure top down coolers will be pulling in more air than standard orientation tower coolers from the rear of the case

Back
Top Bottom