Nurburgring May 2006 Details

Vertigo1 said:
Matrix agent styleee?

I'd have thought Tom will push off into the distance once we hit the continent. Even Andy will leave me for dead in the Rover.

pedal to the metal toby!

if you keep it flat out the whole way you should be o.k., that way when me and andy dip below late 120's you will catch up slowly :p

andy - what power is the rover running now?

Actually for most of the trip (i.e. not derestricted autobahns) the limiting factor isn't the car but how far you're prepared to push your luck with the speed limits.

TomO said:
pedal to the metal toby!

if you keep it flat out the whole way you should be o.k., that way when me and andy dip below late 120's you will catch up slowly :p

andy - what power is the rover running now?

Oh About 500bhp ;) :p

Nah probably around the standard 200bhp, i've fitted a fmic but other things limit power, but it helps the intake temps so i'm not too bothered.

It does also depends on if i tow the trailer, so then i'm limited to ~100mph :D

Vertigo1 said:
Actually for most of the trip (i.e. not derestricted autobahns) the limiting factor isn't the car but how far you're prepared to push your luck with the speed limits.

i will be the front car so i will take it for the team :D

Ok so now we know what Andy, Dave, Tom & I are doing, can we clarify exactly what the rest of you lot are up to?

I've lost track of who's travelling when and where people are staying tbh. I know some others were also in the Ringblick and some at another place. What days and times are you all expecting to get there? Are we all meeting up at Pistenklaus on the evening of Wed 24th?

Guys, me and el are heading down to dover on the 23rd and staying at the premier travel inn at dover docks, if anyone is driving down the night before (dave said something) then stop over and we can have a few beers, our ferry leaves at 8am i think :D

Cool. I'm driving down to Dover on the morning of the 24th. I think Dave is planning on stopping at Tom's as he's leaving his car there.

Nice one Andy! How fast do you reckon you'll be able to go towing it? 100mph will be a bit hairy won't it?

Got two shiny new tyres on the car today so I'm all set. Two weeks to go! :D

Vertigo1 said:
Nice one Andy! How fast do you reckon you'll be able to go towing it? 100mph will be a bit hairy won't it?

Got two shiny new tyres on the car today so I'm all set. Two weeks to go! :D

Around 80ish, need to see how stable it is first ;)
Towed a car transporter trailer from the south of france, that was nice and stable @ triple figures, kp/h of course.

Tom has to see if he can get there without going through Luxumbourg.

BTW, Been keeping an eye on that website but no sign of any ring taxi tickets. Am wondering whether the site is actually alive tbh

Back
Top Bottom