Nurse arrested for murdering babies

Commissario
So they have found her guilty again, she is already there for a full lifetime so they can't add more years
they can however do another full lifetime term (or anything) to run concurrently.

Basically makes it much harder for any attempt at parole (there shouldn't be with these sentences but you can't read the future*) or if there is any further legal challenges to her other convictions..
It's one of those times when it might not make much sense from a "common sense" point of view, but from a legal one there are reasons both administrative/record keeping and in how the prisoner is handled in the future.

*At least not without a sharp knife, a bowl and a chicken (or better).

Soldato
they can however do another full lifetime term (or anything) to run concurrently.

Basically makes it much harder for any attempt at parole (there shouldn't be with these sentences but you can't read the future*) or if there is any further legal challenges to her other convictions..
It's one of those times when it might not make much sense from a "common sense" point of view, but from a legal one there are reasons both administrative/record keeping and in how the prisoner is handled in the future.

*At least not without a sharp knife, a bowl and a chicken (or better).
She is never getting parole. She only comes out when she is dead

Caporegime
Are you devoid of critical thinking beyond the first thought of the tip of your spear?
I don't find her attractive in the slightest, but I still wonder if shes guilty or not.

there's no way she had a fair trial.

There should have been a media blackout until she was tried.

The notes could have just been an innocent person having amental breakdown

Man of Honour
I don't find her attractive in the slightest, but I still wonder if shes guilty or not.

there's no way she had a fair trial.

There should have been a media blackout until she was tried.

The notes could have just been an innocent person having amental breakdown

She was at every incident of every baby, she had been seen doing things, she took their medical records home.
The Jurors had hour upon hour on each case being explained to them in detail.
Somebody like me could have been talking about Medical Records and how they work etc as just one witness.
There is no way she didn't do it.
The scribbled notes I'm not even taking into account it was the rest of the evidence that did her.
The one thing that grates me are the Clinicians who reported her didn't follow it up when they were threatened and lives could have been saved.

Soldato
What I disagree with in this case is not publicising the information.
What information?

She’s guilty, we have more than an idea of the details of what she did and she’ll rot in prison for the rest of her life as a result.

We can only hope they put more measures in place for identifying this type of behaviour and allowing people to come forward more easily with concerns.

Associate
or perhaps she really believes she is innocent.

I don't think she's that delusional. Maybe she thought she could off on the charge but I doubt she really believes that. Although narcissistic people can have magical thinking that they believe everything will be okay

But the reason she killed these babies was largely to have power and control over their parents. And I believe in her retrying cases she is exercising further power and control over them.

Associate
In passing, I think this should be the case for all trials. The media should be banned from naming names until the person is found guilty. How can a trial be fair when a person has already been judged by the media and public?

You realise that nearly all the reporting was based on what happened at the trial though right? How can reporting the evidence shown at a trial, affect that actual trial?

Caporegime
I don't think she's that delusional. Maybe she thought she could off on the charge but I doubt she really believes that. Although narcissistic people can have magical thinking that they believe everything will be okay
is she even a narcist ? I'#m guessing your refering to the police interview from some woman who was drunk and killed someone?
the one who thought she was having a friendly interview with the cops? and thought everything was going to be fine.

I think she was more bothered that she wouldn't be able to get to her classes.

Based on a few youtube videos I see your an expert psychiatrist and able to diagnose Lucy Letby, maybe send her a letter so she can seek treatment?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You realise that nearly all the reporting was based on what happened at the trial though right? How can reporting the evidence shown at a trial, affect that actual trial?

I think he's on about the arrest at her house and the hours and hours and pages of media coverage that appeared right after it way before the trial.
Things that were leaked had people already thinking she's guilty before the trial.
This is the same for most accused and I do think it's unfair however Letby is 100% guilty.

Associate
is she even a narcist ? I'#m guessing your refering to the police interview from some woman who was drunk and killed someone?
the one who thought she was having a friendly interview with the cops? and thought everything was going to be fine.

I think she was more bothered that she wouldn't be able to get to her classes.

Based on a few youtube videos I see your an expert psychiatrist and able to diagnose Lucy Letby, maybe send her a letter so she can seek treatment?

I'm not sure who you're talking about mate, but we're talking about the serial killer Lucy Letby, not some bird who committed murder while drunk. If you don't think serial killers don't have some major personality disorders I'm not sure what to say to you

Soldato
But that doesn't stop the speculation.
I don't agree with trial by the public or the media. It ruins peoples lives.
Not that I am judging one way or the other for this woman. She was found guilty on many counts and I accept that. I don't have an opinion, I wasn't in court, but I do trust the legal system to mostly get it right.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
But that doesn't stop the speculation.
I don't agree with trial by the public or the media. It ruins peoples lives.
Not that I am judging one way or the other for this woman. She was found guilty on many counts and I accept that. I don't have an opinion, I wasn't in court, but I do trust the legal system to mostly get it right.

He's still wrong though, we all saw her being arrested at her door and told what she had been accused of before the trial.

Associate
I think he's on about the arrest at her house and the hours and hours and pages of media coverage that appeared right after it way before the trial.
Things that were leaked had people already thinking she's guilty before the trial.
This is the same for most accused and I do think it's unfair however Letby is 100% guilty.

Oh okay, I wasn't aware of that, I only read the court case reporting

Caporegime
Soldato
This early release scheme?

I didn't realise Labour were in Government last October.

Fair enough, but Labour likely to continue it. :p

Back
Top Bottom