Nvidia 3080 in a gaming laptop, news and updates?

Soldato
This is great. Will be a beast and big step up compared to mobile GPUs of the past. Looking likely to be the first one to be faster than the fastest desktop cards of the previous gen.

I’ve seen a lot of laptop specs coming out online. They have been the thinner machines so typically taking the max-Q variants. Hopefully we will see some of the thicker machines that take the max-P variant soon.

Soldato
The rumoured 3070 mobile looks to be closest to its desktop counterpart. That’s the one I’m hoping to get hold of.
The 3080 mobile is rumoured to only have a few more cores than the 3070 mobile.
Hopefully supply is less of an issues for the RTX 30 series chips when they launch in laptops.

Soldato
Soldato
Hopefully there will be more thicc laptops this year, with the Max P cards and a decent cooling solution.
If we see refreshes of the models from last year I’ll probably hold out for the Aorus 17X.

Soldato
Seems like a lot of the current listed 2021 laptops are 10th gen intel. Only Asus is mentioned to be Ryzen. Although it’s early days.

For me it’s possibly between Asus and Gigabyte, but if Gigabyte don’t offer Ryzen then I’m probably going Asus.

Soldato
Seems like a lot of the current listed 2021 laptops are 10th gen intel. Only Asus is mentioned to be Ryzen. Although it’s early days.

For me it’s possibly between Asus and Gigabyte, but if Gigabyte don’t offer Ryzen then I’m probably going Asus.

OcUK will have our laptops up and ready in the coming days, Confident you will be pleasantly surprised with what we have coming :)

Back
Top Bottom